Illinois-Chicago
Options

Catholic Church HELP

So I am having the hardest time finding a Catholic Church that does not require you to be a parishoner. We are having our reception in Bloomingdale and I would want something relatively half way or close to there. Keep in mind that we are coming from Plainfield.

If anyone has any recommendations I will <3 you forever!

Re: Catholic Church HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't offer recommendations but I can offer a great deal of empathy! Neither my fiance nor I live in Chicago, and most parishes wouldn't even speak to me beyond the parishioner question. It's so frustrating!!! I called about 20 churches and found 3 that would have us...so I guess if I can offer any advice, it's that if you keep at it something will work out. Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our church does not require you to be a parishioner however it's in Arlington Heights (Saint James) which is not too far from Bloomingdale (I live there now but FI is from AH) just up 53 but it depends on if you want to drive that far north.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    same with ours in Mt. Prospect, which is kinda close! Check out St. Raymond's Chuch.
    Amy :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second St Raymonds!  We called near every Catholic church in the NW burbs and got shot down (or the non-member fee was insane) and then St Raymonds welcomed us with open arms!  They have been wonderful to us so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am surprised by that...I am quite certain you don't want to go into the city but we are getting married at Immaculate Conception it's the northwest part of the city.  Right off 90 and Harlem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards