Hawaii

Lanikuhonua vendor recommendations

I'm looking for Lani vendor recommendations especially for caterers and rentals. I know there are alot of brides out there that are planning their weddings there and lots of you have already gotten married there.  I am on a budget because this is a destination wedding for our friends and my family but a local wedding for the groom's family..so trying to keep my costs to a minimum as we will have to have another more casual wedding in CA.  Please send all suggestions and advice my way.  Mahalo!

Re: Lanikuhonua vendor recommendations

• have you checked with your WC?  Lanikuhonua requires that you have one.  

• Here's who we used:

Catering: Tanioka's
    Tents, Tables, Chairs: JMJ Rentals - AWESOME!!!
    Bartender: Aloha on the Rocks
    Photo Booth: Shoots Unlimited
    Music: Mango Season Music
    Photo: Kai Photo
    Video: SVP-Studios
    Lion Dance: Yeung Dak
    DJ: Wonderland DJ
    Officiant: Kahu Bruce Ah Leong
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_lanikuhonua-vendor-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:b9eeed01-ef40-4d73-91e5-87eeab6f3cf8Post:d616d766-6c3b-4363-8ea5-84b13fc87c39">Re: Lanikuhonua vendor recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's who we used: Catering: Tanioka's Tents, Tables, Chairs: JMJ Rentals - AWESOME!!! Bartender: Aloha on the Rocks Photo Booth: Shoots Unlimited Music: Mango Season Music Photo: Kai Photo Video: SVP-Studios Lion Dance: Yeung Dak DJ: Wonderland DJ Officiant: Kahu Bruce Ah Leong
    Posted by HaYnCaNdi808[/QUOTE]

Thanks HaynCandi808!.. Appreciate it!  In regards to Tanioka's, did you get wait staff to help clear tables and serve cakes?  Do you have pics of their place settings because I know they are disposable. Do you have pics?  I would love to see! 
  • Catering: Pokestop...Chef Elmer Guzman--- you will find that he is used by Gourmet Events and Catering Connection and maybe others as well if you are going for an Asian Fusion menu, why not go directly to the source since he provides staffing as well and owns two restuarants.
    Tents, Tables, Chairs: Per the DOC suggestion she said to go with Royal Party Rentals
    Bartender: Aloha on the Rocks
    Photo Booth: Photo Ops
    Music: DJ Troy Michaels (responds promptly and very professional)
    Photo: Frank Amodo (known for his unique detailed shots)
    Video: Waikiki Video Productions - I found out that Crane Media actually uses him (his website is not up to par but if you check out his work on vimeo he does just as good of a job)
    Officiant: Kahu Bruce Ah Leong (such a sweet man)
    DOC: Dianna from Hawaii Wedding & Events (she has a great reputation up and down and across the boards and from vendors)
    Florist: Always 808 Flowers
    Leis by Ron: For wholesale leis

Also, dont be afraid to ask a vendor what he or she reccomends. I found that they all know each other on some capacity and can tell you who they would suggest for the different services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards