Minnesota

MC/DJ help please!

I was at a wedding reception a couple of years ago where the bride and groom had an MC.  Not a standard DJ, but an additional man that narrated stories of how they met, how he proposed, etc. during the dinner.  Now that I am getting married I would like to do the same thing, but have no idea where to start looking.  My wedding is in La Crosse, WI, but does anybody know of a good MC around the Cities, Rochester, or La Crosse area?? 
imageAnniversary

Re: MC/DJ help please!

• laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of anyone, but isn't that something that your DJ could do? Kill two birds with one stone kind of thing?
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are actually having our DJ do something similar, you could try Midwest sound.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work at Midwest Sound, they're usually really good about setting you up with a DJ that's right for you. If you want someone to be really outgoing and talking a lot, they're not going to send someone that usually goes to receptions where the clients just want someone to push play on the music...

I could actually reccommend a couple names you could request if you decide to go with them. Feel free to email me at tpender13@gmail.com if you have any questions.
  • trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The MC is usually someone who knows you.  I don't think you hire one unless you are just going to use your DJ.  It could be a close relative, professor, co worker.  usually someone who knows both of you.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards