Catholic Weddings
Options

Morning of timeline

Since many Catholic ceremonies begin earlier in the day, what is/was your timeline? How early did you schedule appointments, get ready, and take pictures? My ceremony will start at 1. Anything you would've done differently to make sure you get everything done on time with little stress?

Re: Morning of timeline

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had our 2 hair stylist and our makeup artist start at 8:00am (we had 9 ladies including myself to do). We were all ready to get dressed around 12:30pm. My photographer came at 1:00pm to do some getting ready shots. We left for the church at 2:15pm, arrived there at 2:30pm and started the ceremony at 3:00pm. I felt like we had a nice relaxed morning with plenty of time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Riss, how long was the stylist with each girl?
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The stylists rotated around - we each sat and they curled and pinned our hair and then sat off to the side to let it cool/set and some got makeup done in between. I'd say that hair took about 45 min in total for each girl - give or take. My hair took at least an hour, maybe more like an hour and a half. And my sister had hers partially re-done because it wasn't quite what she was thinking. I should add that 7 of the 9 have really thick long hair.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    6am:  hairstylist arrived at house
    8am:  left for church
    830am - 1030am: pictures
    10:30-11:00: break
    11:00 a.m.: wedding
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony started at 2 p.m.

I had two bridesmaids, and the three of us opted to get our hair done at different salons in town. We all made 9 a.m. appointments and met back at my parents' house by 10 a.m., when the one makeup stylist came to the house and started on our makeup. I went last. The BMs put their cocktail dresses on and then helped me get dressed, and we all helped each other with jewerly and sashes and shoes.

I had a few photos taken by myself in the house, then some with the BMs, a couple putting my dad's boutonniere on and then a couple with the family dog :) Got in the limo and it was maybe a 20-minute ride to the church. I think that the BMs and I waited maybe 10-15 minutes before things got started (I had no concept of time at that point, lol), so I guess we arrived at the church around 1:30-1:40 or so.

I was happy with the way everything went. We weren't at all pressed for time and we got to the church early (I hate when ceremonies start late). But since I only had two BMs and we had separate hair appointments, that may have helped keep things moving. Definitely build in some cushion time to account for running over on beauty treatments, difficulties getting dressed (my BMs had a hard time tying their sashes for some reason, for example), and traffic.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The hair and make up lady is getting here at 8AM.  There are four people getting hair done plus me and we hope to be finished by 11:30 or noon.  Then I'll get dressed and the limo will be here at 12:45.  The ceremony isn't till two and the church is only fifteen or twenty minutes away but I am paranoid of getting there late so we will be arriving at one and then we will sit around for an hour.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My timeline is in my bio.  I will note that we had a total of 9 ladies getting their hair done and 6 getting prof. makeup.  We split up between 3 different salons in order to get everyone done by 10am (started at 8am).

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the advice!

Blackfire I'm so glad I came across your bio, it's going to help me so much!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on this but here is what we're aiming for:

8-8:30Girls arrive and begin getting ready
    Hair stylist at my house
    MUA at my house
    11:30Photog & 2nd photog  - Arrive at respective houses
    My hair & make-up completed
    11-11:30Boys arrive at FI's to get ready
    1:00Limo arrives to pick up boys from FI's & bring to church
    1:20-1:30Limo arrives to pick up girls from my house & bring to church
    2:00Ceremony starts
    3:00Ceremony concludes
    Receiving line begins
    3:30Photos at the church
    4:00Leave church for reception/country club
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_morning-of-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:6c4cfa63-107c-4e23-91d6-60ae17baaf57Post:d5ec4d0e-3316-42df-98d4-4f49aca1b294">Re: Morning of timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the advice! Blackfire I'm so glad I came across your bio, it's going to help me so much!
    Posted by vgmartinez[/QUOTE]

<div>Awe, thank you!  I'm glad that I can help!  I know a lot of the ladies on this board have great bios as well.</div>
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards