Virginia
Options

Veritas Vineyard - HUGE price jump between 2011 and 2012

Veritas is a stunning venue, but I'm really surprised by how much their fee is jumping in the next year.  They increase the price by $1000 each year! 

For 2011, the rental fee for Fridays is $4000 and for Saturdays & Sundays it's $5000.
In 2012, the rentral fee jumps to $5000 for Fridays and $6000 for Saturdays & Sundays.

I'm curious if anyone looking at venues in central Virginia has encountered the same thing.

Re: Veritas Vineyard - HUGE price jump between 2011 and 2012

• Options
    tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not surprised with Veritas. It is an amazing venue. They designed it for weddings. Guess they're getting popular :)

In the Richmond area I haven't seen venues posting 2011 or 2012 rates yet so it's hard to say. But I have been told/seen that many places are raising rates for 2011and if you haven't booked by Christmas to lock in 2010 rates, they WILL go up.
  • Options
    lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are popular! I'm getting married there on a Friday because all of the Saturdays (and most Fridays and Sundays) were booked April through July of 2011! And that was back in July 2010. So, if you decide to go with them, book sooner rather than later.

Anyways, I looked at just about every winery that can be used a wedding venue  in Central and Northern VA, and none of the others had price jumps like Veritas, so check around. The smaller wineries are also more flexible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards