Canada-Ontario

Average Cost for flowers and transportation

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to really budget my wedding now that I have to move the date up from August to June 2012. For those who are married, or for those who have already planned their flowers for ceremony/reception/bridal party and arranged transportation - what is the average cost for these?  is $2500 a lot for flowers? I have yet to arrange for transportation, but I am trying to cost major cost with reason.

Thanks !

Re: Average Cost for flowers and transportation

• I'm paying around that including all taxes and setup fees. That includes all flowers for my bridal party and parents/grandparents (6 bouteniers,4 coursages,3 BM bouquets, and my bouquet), the church, and 10 tables at the reception venue. That also includes an after-hours setup charge.

That is on the high end. My florist is one of the most expensive in the city, I see their work in magazine spreads a lot. However, I picked them because they are the "official" vendor of my venue. My venue gives us only an hour for setup, during which we will be at the church. We felt for peace of mind we would prefer someone who has not only worked at the venue before, but knows the staff there very well. We are selecting our cake vendor for the same reason. I interviewed several florists, but in the end I was willing to pay more for someone who really knows our venue.

Depending on the number of centrepieces you need, that is on the high end. You should be able to get away with a lower number.
  • Hi! Not sure what you mean by a lot of flowers, but for $2500 this is what I got:

Bridal bouquet and toss bouquet
    6 bridesmaids bouquets
    2 flower girl pomanders
    Groom, 6 groomsmen, 4 family member, 1 ring bearer boutonnieres
    4 corsages
    36 centerpieces (flowers only, the candelabra stand is from the hall)
    1 head table arrangement
    Delivery and set up
  • If you need to trim costs, go with non-floral centrepieces.  I'm allergic to most flowers and using silks for all our needs, so I can't help much sadly.  What sort of transportation do you need?
  • I'm paying about $1800 with tax and it includes the following:

1 bridal bouquet + 1 to toss
    1 maid of honour bouquet
    3 bridesmaids bouquets
    1 groom, 4 groomsman, 9 family boutonnieres
    9 corsages
    1 arrangement to stay at the church (as a donation)
    2 large arrangements on stands to be transferred to the hall, + 2 rental stands

+ Delivery and set-up
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I told my florist she had $1000 to work with for WP and centerpieces, and she did just that (was about $1200 after tax).

- 1 bride bouquet ($150)
    - 4 BM bouquets ($55)
    - 9 boutonnieres ($9)
    - 6 corsages ($15)
    - 13 centerpieces ($25)
    - 2 ceremony arrangements ($50)

A lot of your flower budget will depend on what centerpieces you get and how many tables you have. They weren't important to me, I just wanted something low and colourful and she worked with my budget, got cheaper, bigger flowers and I was thrilled with how they came out and glad we didn't spend tons of money on them.

We decided to not do limo transportation because it was expensive and we had other vehicles available.  The quotes I was getting were typically in the $1200-$1800 range for the day, not including delivery home at the end of the night.

We ended up getting a taxi van (15 passenger) to drive our guests (there were only a few who wanted transportation) from the hotel to the reception and home at the end of the night, it was about $350 including tip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards