Canada-Ontario

Toronto bachelorette ideas/places

Hey ladies!!!!
I'm looking for suggestions for good places (restaurants and clubs/bars) in Toronto for an upcoming g bachelorette? I haven't been downtown for a long time! Thanks:)
Tanya

Re: Toronto bachelorette ideas/places

• shaunaceyhshaunaceyh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when I was my besties moh I organized a night out in Toronto. We stayed at Pantages (gorgeous hotel), took a Limo to Flirty Girl Fitness (got a liquor license ahead of time) and did a Coyote Ugly dance class while doing shots etc. We then went to Devils Martini and have a VIP booth with bottle service. We just ordered pizza to the room before going out (while we got ready)
    hope you find something!
  • Suzie31Suzie31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live downtown and I can tell you that for the past decade Devil's Martini has been a bacherette staple.  Before you go there, I suggest you hit a place like Drake hotel bar for a really trendy cool place to have some drinks.   Panorama lounge on Bay and Bloor is another fantastic place for either pre or post drinks.  The view is fantastic.  The most popular rooftop bar in Toronto is the roof bar at Park Hyatt and  deservedly so, it's stunning. Not sure when your bachelorette is, but if you're going anytime near TIFF (Toronto film festival)  you are sure to see a celebrity there.

A popular place in the past few years is Brant House. The last time I was there was a couple of years ago, I had dinner and then stuck around  for the club and it was a good night. The club scene in KIng West/Liberty Village area has grown a lot, and they like to specialize in being "supper clubs"--- a place to dine, lounge, and dance. Just walk down King West and you will see loads.  

For day time, Flirty Girls fitness is a great idea, they have loads of different 2 hour workshops to take with your girls (lapdancing, chair dancing, pole dancing...and coyote ugly amongst others.  And their teachers are great.  It's right downtown in the entertainment district.

Another day time activity is the spa/tea idea.  Windsor Hotel is gorgeous and quaint, and you can always have a spa treatments followed by afternoon high tea, which I love.  They have a great Oxygen facial there (Madonna swears by them).  Or, if you're on a budget, check the Toronto daily deal coupons for spas/restos you can go to for cheap (but the places aren't cheap).  

For restaurants, patios, and people watching, Yorkville has a nice ambiance.  They have a chocolate bar called Morocco thats really nice.  For restos, Scaramouche and Pangeaea are world class.   Other good and trendy restos in Toronto are George, and Origins.   Any restaurant in the Oliver & Bonacini chain is popular.   My fave is not on the "best restaurant" list, it's Japanese Tepanyaki, and I like to go to Masa for that.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_toronto-bachelorette-ideasplaces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:de22216b-a696-4b9f-94b2-ea3bc97ca741Post:377ed556-a523-49b3-a803-057ff9ce163f">Re: Toronto bachelorette ideas/places</a>:
    [QUOTE]when I was my besties moh I organized a night out in Toronto. We stayed at Pantages (gorgeous hotel), took a Limo to Flirty Girl Fitness (got a liquor license ahead of time) and did a Coyote Ugly dance class while doing shots etc. We then went to Devils Martini and have a VIP booth with bottle service. We just ordered pizza to the room before going out (while we got ready) hope you find something!
    Posted by shaunaceyh[/QUOTE]

My girls took me to flirty girl fitness for my bachelorette party. It was sooo fun and I highly recommend it! We did pole dancing.

A year ago, my friends and I went to lula lounge for my friends bachelorette party and did salsa dancing! That was fun too!
  • edited December 2011
    I was a Bridesmaid last year and we organized a pre-drink party in the hotel room then a party bus picked us up and drove us to C-Lounge and Crock Rock. Tons of fun from what I can remember!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a bachelorette and Flirty Girl too, and it was so fun.  I also gave gift cards for a class to my friends for Christmas one year and we all went together in the following months - very sore the next day, and bruised if you do pole, so be careful not doing it too close to your wedding day, but such a good workout and very fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards