Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

jw

Hello!

I was just wondering, is there a difference between a Wedding Shower & Bridal Shower? And which should I do?

Thanks! 

Re: jw

• Options
    You don't get to throw yourself any type of shower.  If someone offers to throw you a shower, thats great but if not you don't get one.

I have never heard of a wedding shower but I'm assuming it is the same as a bridal shower just with a different name.  Maybe the name is regional?
  • Options
    I don't know if there's a difference, but for people who throw a co-ed shower I would assume they call that a wedding shower since it's not just for the bride. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ab772c04-bd45-4520-9ae0-6553926ddefaPost:1a817f20-fe52-46ed-a4f0-70d9a2be9b61">Re: jw</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if there's a difference, but for people who throw a co-ed shower I would assume they call that a wedding shower since it's not just for the bride. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

This.  My mother is throwing me and FI a "wedding" shower.  She wanted the shower to be co-ed so that's what she's calling it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think that bridal shower gifts can be only for the bride while wedding shower gifts should be for the bride and groom together, even if he is not at the shower. For instance a lingere shower is a "bridal" shower because the husband (probably) will not be wearing the lingere anytime soon. For all intents and purposes, however, I think they are pretty much the same. I think most people will probably just bring gifts from the registry unless there is a defined theme like a lingere shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards