Ohio-Toledo

Put-In Bay?

Hey Girls,

I'm planning a bachelorette party for one of my best friends.  I'm thinking of having it in Put-In Bay.  We're all in our mid-high 20's and not really looking for the "senior year spring break" party, but we are looking to have a blast, hang by the pool/lake, and party.

Can you give me some rec's on hotels or ideas on what to do while there?  We don't need to stay in a fancy hotel, but something nicer than run-down by spring breakers type of place. 

Thanks so much!  I appreciate it!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Put-In Bay?

• ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      PIB is a blast and that is where we are having our combined bachelor/bachelorette party.  Idk hotel names bc I've never stayed in one there we either camp on private property or take the last jet back and stay at hotel by the Jet.  I do know that they can be pricey and book up very early.  You can rent cottages there and if you are willing to stay during the week you can get them fairly cheap especially if a bunch of you are splitting the cost. 
      As far as spring break atmosphere it can be like that, but it really just depends on who you go with.  Make SURE you check out the pool bars (they are def most fun), get a slice or chicken parm sandwich from Frosty's, go to Mr. Ed's and Level 2, drink a yummy fishbowl (potent and served in a fishbowl), boardwalk has fabulous lobster bisque and go to the winery.  Oh, you can also catch a ferry to Kelly's Island from there too, it's supposed to be more laid back than PIB.  
      If you search Put-In-Bay it will give you contact info for hotels and state park (don't stay there though no booze allowed:( and they WILL take it).  You can take either the Jet Express or the Miller Ferry over.  Miller is cheaper, slower and you have to take cab to main strip.  The Jet drops off right on the main drag.  Word of warning (not that you ladies are going to be all rowdy lol) PIB police are notorious for being JERKS!  You can get a cab really cheap maybe $3 a person plus tip?
      Have fun!  Sorry so long!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards