Rhode Island

Gibbet Hill as a Ceremony & Reception Location

My fiance and I are strongly concidering a winter (Jan 2012) wedding and reception at Gibbet Hill in Groton MA.  We visited last weekend and loved the location.  We were looking for a barn-type atmosphere to accomodate our big families (200 invite list).

We are looking for some reviews.  It is at the top of our price range, but were surprised that after the off-season discounts for a Jan wedding, it was compable to other venues in MA and southern NH that we liked (Zorvino's Vineyard & Harrington Farm).  Also curious if others were able to negotiate any price changes?

We would love to hear what others think.  Thanks!

Re: Gibbet Hill as a Ceremony & Reception Location

• tash&matt22tash&matt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are strongly concidering a winter (Jan 2012) wedding and reception at Gibbet Hill in Groton MA.  We visited last weekend and loved the location.  We were looking for a barn-type atmosphere to accomodate our big families (200 invite list).

We are looking for some reviews.  It is at the top of our price range, but were surprised that after the off-season discounts for a Jan wedding, it was compable to other venues in MA and southern NH that we liked (Zorvino's Vineyard & Harrington Farm).  Also curious if others were able to negotiate any price changes?

We would love to hear what others think.  Thanks!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on a local area board.  This board in international, and chances are good that someone in Santa Fe won't know much about a MA venue.

Links to local area boards are on your left.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • tash&matt22tash&matt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards