West Virginia

I'm visiting West Virginia!

Soooo DH and I started a tradition of spending New Year's in a new place/state every year. This New Year's we've decided to drive to West Virginia, stopping in Ohio on the way. 

Any must-see places? 

We're thinking of going to Wheeling to a Train/Toy Museum and going ice skating at the park. 

Thanks in advance, ladies! :-)

Re: I'm visiting West Virginia!

• cmjc2010cmjc2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I don't know what way you're going.. But if you happen to go through Beckley, stop at Tamarack! They're food is priced like a chili's or a restraint like that, so it's not something like McDonald's. They have food that's popular here in WV & they have all sorts of arts & crafts that are made here too. The artists actually work in the building, so you usually get to see them. I highly recommend this place, and I used to work there, so if you have any questions, just ask! They're websit is tamarackwv.com :)
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't visited the train-toy museum in years since I was a kid. So, I really don't remember a lot about it. But if you are going to be in Wheeling, you shold stop by Olebay. They have a lights display, lodge, etc. And FIY the ice rink is an indoor one, just in case you were picturing a romantic night under the stars.
  • Thanks for responses, ladies!
  • If you visit Southern West Virginia, drive over the New River Gorge bridge and stop at the overlook and visitor's center, too. If you're staying in mostly northern WV, I don't have any suggestions other than to have fun!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards