Colorado
Options

XP - Colorado items for OOT bags

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest any in-state, local snacks or goodies that might make for good additions to out of town bags?

THank you - I hope everyone has a great day!

Re: XP - Colorado items for OOT bags

• Options
    There are tons of things and I will keep you in mind the next time I go to a few local stores who carry things.  The first thing I can think of is honey.  Local honey is sold all over the place in little straws, candy, and jars.

What exactly is the goal of an OOT bag so that I might be able to find things for you?  Also, is there a specific city/town/area or just CO in general?
  • Options

Thank you, ndearmond!

I'm hoping my OOT bag will have some fun snacks to enjoy in hotel room, and possiby a treat or two that's better enjoyed at home (like a little jar of honey).  I'd also be open to any other non-edible treats from CO.

• Options
    Hey! I just noticed that your wedding is the day before mine!  Where are you getting married and will you plan on buying these things in advance?  I was out looking last night because all of my guests are coming from out of town and I want to have some treats for them, too.  I am not from here, but Whole Foods tells me about local items that are on sale.
  • Options
    I am including these items in mine: Some Celestial Seasonings tea bags (since the factory is in CO), a bottle of water (with a printed label on info for staying hydrated in the altitude), a list of some of our favorite activites to do  and restaurants to visit along with information on each as to where, how much and coupons I can find. We are also in the midst of creating a fun scavneger hunt based off some spots in the area. For example: What color are the blue mustang's eyes at DIA?  We have prizes for this one for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd people to complete the hunts correctly. Our prizes are gift cards to local  restaurants. For the age appropriate guests, we are also including a 6 pack of beers from the local breweries like New Belgium and Coors.
  • Options
    Ndearmond, I'll pm you my details :)
  • Options
    Nickcrys, love your ideas - thanks for sharing :-)  I hope your guests love the scavenger hunt - what a fun way to introduce people to the area.
  • Options
    I love those ideas, too.  I wish my guests were staying longer, but all will be here for two days and then gone again.

I wanted to add cinnamon rolls.  There are good places and much better places, but there was even a cinnamon roll day recently.
  • Options
    Chocolove chocolate bars!
  • Options
    Wow, I am learning so much about my new home thanks to this thread!  I also watch for the "I'm a local" signs at Whole Foods.

I just looked and found these two links.  What I like about the second one is that you have the ability to order things and have that taken care of so that you won't have to rush out and buy things when things get down to the wire.

http://www.examiner.com/green-initiative-in-denver/buy-local-colorado-goods
    http://www.completelycolorado.com/
  • Options
    awesome links, thanks!
  • Options

I grew up in the middle of the Rockies, and up here, Moose Poo/Deer Turds/Candy Rocks are popular.  In reality, they are just chocolate covered nuts or candy covered chocolate, but they are kind of fun :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards