Virginia-Richmond
Options

help!!

i am planning my wedding for the fall of next year and as much as i lead others to believe i have it all under control i pretty much have no idea what i am doing!! if anyone could give me some pointers or tips that would be great!! thank yall :)

Re: help!!

• Options
    Start with a budget.  That will dictate pretty much everything- venue, guest list, food, clothing, etc.  Once you figure out a budget, start researching the big things that often require advance reservations, like the venues, caterers, and other professionals.  

Try to plan with your fiance as much as possible- it's his wedding too, and it should reflect both of you, not just one.  You might have to compromise- and that's ok.  Try this- make a list of the aspects of your wedding that are most important to you and rank them.  Have your fiance do the same.  Then compare.  What you both feel strongly about, compromise.  What one of you cares less about and one of you cares more about, use the "give and take" strategy.  For instance, you might really care about the invitations, but your fiance might really care about the DJ.  In the wedding, your wedding should be about both of you, and planning will be much easier if your fiance is involved (at least that's how it's worked for us). Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards