Florida-South Florida

Wedding planning anxiety!

We recently got engaged and our wedding is in 12 months; my question is, is it easier and cheaper to plan it yourself or get with someone who has an all inclusive package and not worry about it? If so, what companies do you recommend in the Tampa area?

Re: Wedding planning anxiety!

• I would post this on the Tampa board, it may or may not be a better deal there depending on what you're looking for, and they'll have a better idea than we will. GL!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-planning-anxiety?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d6036c10-08fe-488a-8832-1f3b829fba56Post:6d3a72d7-ac6b-4be2-82ea-71a35bc3da99">Wedding planning anxiety!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We recently got engaged and our wedding is in 12 months; my question is, is it easier and cheaper to plan it yourself or get with someone who has an all inclusive package and not worry about it? If so, what companies do you recommend in the Tampa area?
    Posted by chalephr[/QUOTE]
    As far recommending you companies in Tampa....no luck here because it's the South Florida board. However, I can put my two cents in regarding planning your wedding yourself versus obtaining an all inclusive package. Personally, we didn't go with an all inclusive package because the prices are usually jacked up higher and you may have less wiggle room to negotiate prices. Our venue allows us to bring in all of our vendors and they even gave us a list of their preferred vendors which helps. However, I pretty much planned midway of the wedding and we brought in our wedding planners for partial planning. They came in and helped us in everything else we needed and even things you would think they wouldn't help you in. They have been amazing and have helped me shed a lot of stress. Most importantly, we are under budget! :D We found vendors who were willing to work within our budget and still give us what we want. <div>
    </div><div>My suggestion to you is see if the venues you are considering which have all inclusive packages fit your budget and what you want. If it doesn't then consider other options and check out vendors who offer partial planning. It's totally worth it. I got out planners on a special they were promoting and received 50% of their partial planning. </div>
  • Get a planner! Best check I made during this journey. Good luck and congrats!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Planner.  This is most important event and you want it done right.  Most importantly you don't want to do all the running around yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards