Maine
Options

SMCC

amshaw1amshaw1 member
First Comment
I thought I remembered reading in a post from awhile ago that someone had some info regarding lawn rental at SMCC.  Anyone have that?  If I remember right, it's kind of pricey though but thought I would check anyways. 

The venue search continues.........

Thanks!!
Amy

Re: SMCC

• Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... let me look...  It wasn't me, and I didn't see the post, but I did inquire about it (the bunker field) when we were venue searching....

Ah crud, I don't have the info anymore.  So I'm going off memory here (hah!).  I think it was $600 to rent the lawn?  I also think there were restrictions about time and no chairs?   The pictures I saw were amazing, but the whole thing was too pricey for us.  We were looking at the adjacent Peter McKernan Hospitality Center for the reception.  It was $2000 (I believe) to rent the space, that fee includes (again, I think) student chefs, but not any food.  

Andrew Smaha was my contact person, and he was AMAZING to deal with.  Prompt return emails, and just generally nice.  He's the assistant dean of conferences and events, his email is asmaha (at) smccme (dot) edu. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking ceremony or reception? Ceremony is $600, not bad, but if you want a reception, it's a lot more, especially considering nothing (tent, chairs, dance floor) is included. It's $2,500 for an outdoor reception.

Here's what they sent me, over a year ago, so it might be dated info:

Seaside Ceremonies @ SMCC

If you were interested in having the ceremony on-site, the Fort Preble Bunker provides a stunning backdrop for outdoor cliffside ceremonies, with panoramic views stretching from Portland Head Light to Spring Point Lighthouse. Guest would be responsible for arranging their own chairs and any additional rentals needed for an outdoor ceremony. The fee is $600, which includes the following:

* Use of the Bunker for rehearsal, ceremony set-up, ceremony and clean-up time.
    * On-site event coordinator to assist with any logistical needs that arise.
    * Electrical and water, plus maintenance of the water and power that extends to that area.
    * Horticulture of the region to ensure the area is beautiful.
    * Rental of portable restrooms for the area.
    * Groundskeeping (lawn moving, water sprinkling, field maintenance, sodding, etc).
    * Administrative time working on event bookings, correspondence, invoicing and contracts.

For an outdoor reception:
    Museum Field or Picnic Field (Outdoor reception options)

There are two main locations where you could erect a tent for a seaside wedding reception: the large picnic field adjacent to the dining hall and the Spring Point Lighthouse field overlooking Fort Gorges. Both locations rent for $2500 (flat rate).

When you rent an outdoor field, we provide total flexibility for your rehearsals, set-up, event date and take-down. There are no additional fees; you will have access to the field earlier in the week for tent set-up and table/chair delivery, plenty of time to tour the space with your various vendors (DJ, caterer, etc), use of the space for the entire date of your reception and the option to leave items overnight for pick-up the next day. We also provide a member from SMCC to be on-site for any meetings you have with your vendors, as well as the day of your reception in order to facilitate anything you need. Water and power is included, as are (2) portable restrooms and use of an adjacent classroom facility for indoor restrooms. Some guests prefer to rent additional facilities from an outside vendor.

Keep in mind that a tented reception does require additional legwork on your end to pull together the details. You would work directly with a local tent company and rent from them. Additionally, all catering, bar service music, table/chair rentals are handled separately through an outside vendor. In short, SMCC rents the space and provides oversight only.

And as Jena said, the hospitality center is $2,000, as well as the SMCC main dining hall.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the info!! Just what I was looking for :)  You gals rock

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards