Getting in Shape
Options

On a diet for 6 weeks, only lost 5 lbs :-(

Just wanted to vent on my frustation of trying to lose weight. I'm only tring to lose 10lbs. I have only lost 5 lbs in 6 weeks. My fiancee' has lost 15lbs. We have the same workout routine, and eating the same diet. It's hard being a female, and trying to lose weight. I think I'll need an extra boost. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: On a diet for 6 weeks, only lost 5 lbs :-(

• Options
    It is frustrating isn't it?  My husband can eat good for a couple days and drop weight like crazy and for me it takes much more work.  I'm guessing if you only had 10 pounds or so to lose that it will be slower for you, as your body may think you are at a healthy weight.  I'm certainly no expert..... just a thought.  I'm sure if you keep at it, you can lose those few extra pounds (provided they really are extra pounds).  Good luck!  Hang in there!
    Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you lost inches or seen an improvement in tone?   Better body fat precentage?  Remember that any muscle you gain will 'counter' the actual pounds of fat lost, so don't be so hard on yourself.

I also agree with Anne on the relative % of weight lost for each of you.

My FI definitely trims down & builds lean muscle mass much more quickly than I do.  With that said, maybe you don't need to do the same workout?  He may do something involving heavier weights, and you may want to do lighter weights & more reps, more cardio sprint intervals, etc?
  • Options
    I notice that when I lose weight more slowly (kind of how you are), I tend to keep it off because it means that I am not depriving myself or doing anything crazy. I think it is the little changes over time that make a difference!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, and advice. It does seem like I lost inches, even though I haven't measured myself. I can tell how my clothes fit, though. I love tea, i  drink it everyday. Thanks again. i will take all of your advise under consideration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

When I'm trying to lose pounds, not necessarily inches, I've learned that cardio is my best friend.  Cardio and anything that makes you sweat, like laying out or a visit to the sauna.  Just remember to drink lots of water so you don't dehydrate.  Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending you a PM
  • Options
    It is frustrating to compare- especially to males- so just keep moving yourself in the right direction- 5 lbs is great!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Just want to tell you that about 1 lb a week is normal and healthy.  Unless you are overweight or under the subervision of experts more than that is not recommended.  You don' t want to drop the weight too fast because that's unhealthy.  Also remember its not about what the scale says its about how you look and feel.

Anniversary

PitaPata Dog tickers

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

• Options

Go to www.myhoustonbootcamp.com the Quick weight loss program is safe, doctor recommended and worked for me and others that are in the boot camp who have tried it. I lost 10lb in two weeks, my husband tried it and lost 8.2lb in 7 days! Men are able to lose faster as you can tell :( You should really try it! Good luck

www.myhoustonbootcamp.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards