New Jersey

Perona Farms reviews...

Hello all,

I've been poking around the NJ board and Hudson Valley Board. I posted awhile back about venues in the north NJ area. My FI and I currently are out of state for school but are from NJ and would like our wedding within that area...With that being said. Anyone have reviews, opinions, thoughts about Perona Farms? We spoke with Jonathon awhile back and are currently feeling that this venue might suit us best. We really would like to know about the food and service there. Also, we are interested in the orchard and barn/silo ceremony sites. Thanks for all of the help!! Happy planning!

Re: Perona Farms reviews...

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at Perona Farms!

She had her ceremony at the gazebo, and it was lovely, though oddly set up right next to the parking lot.

The food and service was amazing at the venue. Having the cocktail hour on the patio courtyard was really nice. The reception room wasn't anything special, but we were up dancing and having a great time so I didn't even really notice it TBH. I do remember going out onto the patio after dark and it being really pretty. The guests raved about the food for years after the wedding.

All that being said she's been married for almost 8 years, so hopefully someone has a more recent experience to tell you about :)

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! I just had my wedding there 2 weeks ago and I can't even begin to describe how happy I was with everything. We worked with Jonathan and he was great. He was always willing and able to answer our questions completely and quickly.

The food people can't stop talking about! The stuff I was able to eat between talking to guests was delicious. People can't stop talking about it. People who've seen our menu are actually mad because we had so much food they couldn't taste it all. We've heard from many people it was hands down the best wedding they've ever been to and the food was the best food they've ever had.

The service was great, it was quick and all our guests were treated excellently. The maitre'd and the maitre'd she was training were spectacular always asking if we needed anything and how everything was.

I really truly recommend them. You can't beat getting everything you do for their prices.

We had our ceremony in the Piazza outside the Florentine Room (our reception room) and then had to have our cocktail hour inside because we felt bad making our guests go outside when they sat outside for the ceremony in the cold and wind.

If you have anymore questions, want to see a picture of our room decorated, or have questions on their recommended vendors (we used most of them except the DJ) you can PM me (just page me on the board to let me know I have one). I haven't been able to write all my reviews yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We were there a yr ago or so.  The food didn't really leave an impression on me.  There was a lot of food at the cocktial hour, but it was really tight on the patio and annoying to have to wait.

I didn't like the room we were in, it was very long and narrow.  The dancefloor was awkward too and we barely fit (large wedding).
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having ours there owing to proximity, but I've been to a couple of weddings there and they always do an excellent job.  I think the food is good and the staff is great.  They're very good at what they do.
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know its one of the cheapest places per person around..
  • edited December 2011
    We went to brunch there to check it out, and while the food was good, the room we would have been in was not quite what we were looking for.  The other room though was nicer.  (If you don't know, there are two sets of rooms for weddings, and each has its own entrance).
    Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    One of my best friends got married there about 2 years ago. The food was amazing. There was so much at cocktail hour. They had these edible drink things that were great too. It was alcohol infused fruit. So good. The room isn't the prettiest around but you can't beat the food and service. Like User said the dance floor is odd shaped, but we fit her whole wedding on it (225).
    And someone posted before that it was the cheapest place around, but I don't think that's true. We looked there and for a Saturday night in October they wanted something like $120pp (if I remember correctly). We would have gone with them, but since most of the people who were at my friends wedding would be at mine and we wanted something different.
  • hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    USER & MCM in regards to the odd shaped dance floor, do you remember if the room you were in the italian themed room ( brick showing on the wall) or the room with floral wall paper and a wall of windows and doors that open out to the out patio which could be the cocktail area?

We're looking to have about 130 guests so I feel the size of either room would be an issue. In regards to price, it certainly isn't the most expensive place but it also is not the cheapest.

Thank you for the reviews everyone!
  • KarKarnjKarKarnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was ther about a year ago and thoughty it was a very nice place. Food was pretty good too
  • edited December 2011
    My sister was married there and it was wonderful. The food wasfantastic and everyone, even my little cousin was was 6 at the time, still talk about the smoked salmon, etc. I dont remember exactly what room she was in, but it was very pretty and the wedding had about 140people and EVERYONE was on the dance floor all night w/o a problem. The service was great and overall, no complaints, even my BIL was happy and he complains about everything :)

As for price, its a middle of the road venue. There are many places that are cheaper and others more expensive, but right now, in peak season, it is around $120pp before tax/grat for a Saturday last I checked. If u have any specific questions, let me know and I can ask her. I also went to a friends wedding there last year in the winter and it was beautiful then too
  • edited December 2011
    Perona is beautiful and the food is great.  We looked at it for our September 2011 wedding and there are a few reason why we didn't pick it:

1.  Expensive
    2.  Minimum requirements for guests (we are only going to have around 75 people and didn't want to pay for 25-50 extra)
    3.  There is potential for 3 weddings going on at the same time
    4.  The room they had for our wedding was shaped weird, had a column right in the middle and a whole section of space on the side that would be unused

We ended up picking Flanders Valley and I'm SO happy with them so far!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I would call and ask about the barn. I looked there last year and I don't think you can do a reception at the barn anymore. My fiance is from upstate NY so we originally wanted a barn wedding, but they said they lost their permit or something because techinically the barn is in Sparta (??). It was a while ago so definitely call and check because my memory is obviously spotty on this, but I think you can only do pictures at the barn.
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go with them because of the minimum requirement for Sat night, I had their food at a bridal show and was not impressed and that place can be VERY chaotic if there is more than one event going on. I have been there for several other events.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Perona Farms in two weeks!

Regarding the minimum that NMH was talking about - our minimum was only 60 guests.  Then again, we're getting married on a Sunday afternoon.

It's beautiful.  It's expensive, but we got a good deal there.  The food is incredible.  

We're working with the owner, Mark, and he is absolutely phenomenal.  He has been an amazing person to work with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.  In two weeks I'll have a better review to give! haha
  • edited December 2011
    We thought about looking at Perona Farms (and are also planning from across the country), but my parents went to look at it (and only saw the outside!) and vetoed it. In that general area, I would suggest looking at Ballyowen Golf Club and the Indian Trail Club. Both are less expensive, but more attractive in my opinion. And generally have pretty good (though fewer) reviews. We picked Ballyowen in the end but could have been happy with either.
  • lmlucarinilmlucarini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! left a few of you PMs! I am looking for some info on Perona Farms as it's my fiance's favorite but I am still a little hesitant and we are supposed to be booking this wednesday. Pics (especially of the florentine room) are very welcome as are any cmoments on flow, staff, or anything else I should know. Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards