South Asian Weddings

Friday: Weekend plans

Re: Friday: Weekend plans

• edited December 2011

Today is my mom's birthday...
    This weekend we have church stuff and I'm working on the FG poms.. I want them done!

• edited December 2011
    Today I am tearing up the house looking for the check my grandfather and his wife sent us as a wedding gift that has apparently decided to go into hiding sometime in the last two days. I gave it to FI to put on the desk, and it is most definitely not on the desk. I've looked everywhere except our roommate's bedroom (I doubt she took it, though) and I can't find it. I'm going to look again tomorrow, and then I'll be making an embarrassing phone call to my grandfather to tell him that we got the check but it somehow got misplaced.

Tomorrow I'm going to Tampa to a sari shop with my best friend and our young'uns; my best friend is a bridesmaid and her daughter is our "flower girl," even though there may or may not be fowers for her to toss! Kidlet and best friend's son may be tagging along because sitters are hard to come by on the weekends.

Sunday... I have no idea what's going on on Sunday yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today: I have two lab reports to write and finish for tomorrow and read about what I will be doing tomorrow. 
    Saturday: Lab class in the morning. 

I also can't seem to find my citizenship paper which I need for my passport application, and for the life of me I can't seem to locate it.  Just when you need something, it totally disappears.Hopefully I find it this weekend!!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a long list of things to do. I am exhausted just thinking about it. Blerg. Somewhere in there I also have to go and visit with our DJ and my family for Diwali. I am looking forward to the visit but not the drive there and back.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Girls!! You won't believe it but we can't find my passport!! What's with our board losing documents? I have to go home and help my sister tear up the house to look for our stuff for our trip to India in December. I pray we find it soon.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn....What is going on??? Seriously, lately I can't seem to find anything when I need it, even though I had seen it before and knew where it was.  Jeeezz...but it always turns up later.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Watch some TV.  I was planning to DVR some "Four Weddings" tonight, but it looks like I've already seen the one episode they're airing, so I don't know what.
    2.  Watch some football tomorrow!
    3.  Get my save-the-dates printed.
    4.  Send out e-mails to DJs, officiants, maybe some florists, and who knows who else, looking for prices and availability.5
    5.  New H&M opened up, so stop by there.
    6.  Diwali dinner with FI's family on Sunday night.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Found the check! A friend was helping me look and she found it behind a McDonald's bag that FI left on the desk - I'm going to have to have another "talk" with him about not putting garbage in the garbage CAN... ergh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

FI keeps tabs on the passports.... he's the more responsible one, lol!

Work was pretty good for a Friday. Maybe because it was Diwali! My Gujarati co-worker wished me "Happy Diwali!" when she walked into the office. By 12:30 we were ready to go home. She said we should go home early because it was Diwali. I said if we were in India, we'd be anywhere, but at work!

A vendor brought in food... when she called, we made sure she brought in vegetarian stuff. She also brough cupcakes (which we assumed had egg), so we didn't eat them. I sent a message to FI to see if he wanted me to bring him a cupcake... and he declined (and he loves cake 'n frosting).

Tonight, we had dinner. We didn't do Diwali Puja because our apartment is a disaster....

Tomorrow, we're going to a Sindhi Community Diwali Party. I'm going to get my nails done since they are still orange and purple from Halloween!

Sunday.... maybe we'll clean. Surprised

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards