Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Fun Wedding Poll!

I'm super tired today and could use a good WR pick-me-up!

1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married?
2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married?
3. What season of the year are you getting married?
4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding?
5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it?
6. What are/were your wedding colors?
7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH?
8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH?
9. How many people are/were on your guest list?
10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen?
11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits?
12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts?
13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc?
14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon?

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?

Re: Fun Wedding Poll!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? We will have been engaged 19 months (1 year and 7mos) when we get married! Got engaged Oct. 16, 09 and the wedding is May 28, 11

2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? Just over 6 years at the time of the wedding! We started dating in March of 2005.

3. What season of the year are you getting married? Spring!

4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Mostly just the flowers

5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? I want the day to be whimsical and romantic - the theme I am going for is a romantic vintage garden atmosphere.

6. What are/were your wedding colors? Cypress green, cream, and gold with accents of peach, pink, and yellow (very pale accents in the flowers).

7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? St. Paul's Cathedral - no special meaning. It was important to me to get married in a church and I also wanted to be close to the reception venue.

8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Carnegie Museum - Music Hall Foyer. Again, no special meaning to FI and I. I am an art lover and my family and I went to the Museum almost every weekend growing up so I have very fond memories there.

9. How many people are/were on your guest list? We will probably invite about 250-275 but a lot are OOT so the number should go down significantly!

10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? 1 MOH, 8 BMs, 2 jr BMs, 2 Flower Girls Groomsmen? 2 Best Men, 7 GMs, 1 Ring Bearer

11. What color are your BMs dresses? Cypress Green from Jcrew Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? I want them to be stone color - FI wants black... we'll see!

12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? We're using white anemones with black centers, peonies, ranunculus, parrot tulips, bavardia, freesia, and greens (I'msure I'm forgetting some too...)

13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Hmm... The dress was important to me but after that I would probably say the reception venue/food or entertainment... I don't know! This one is hard! Everything is important! lol

14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? As of now, we're hoping to first stop in Napa for a few days and then go to Tahiti (Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora). We still have to price everything - we are also considering a Mediterranean cruise, Somewhere in S.E. Asia, or S. Africa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed! Thanks G!

1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? a year and 7 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? It will be five years and 8 months
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Spring
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Spring/tulip theme! All pastel colors and lots of tulips
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? oops (see above) tulips
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? lavendar with champagne, green, and peach accents
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Twentieth Century Club, we just fell in love with it.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? same as above
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? Our guest count is like 130, we are hoping for 100
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? four bridesmaids and one man-maid, groomesmen haven't been chosen yet.
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? I want lavendar, but we will have to see how it looks on the girls. boys will probably just be black tuxes
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? tulips. :)
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? theme first, then venue... I care the most about my bouquet (all purple tulips) and my dress.
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? Isla Mujeres, Mexico

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? I am slacking in planning.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? We had a long engagement- 2 years and 7 months.
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 3 years, 8 months.
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Spring
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Our colors were spring-y- lilac and silver. I used lilac floral garland to decorate the altar at the church, and the table cards were lilac colored and named after flowers.
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? No theme, just my colors. It did have a seasonal spring/garden feel.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Lilac and silver.
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Faith Community Church in Penn Hills. It has no meaning to DH, but was my church for 8 years. My pastor actually retired 9 months before the wedding and moved to Lancaster, but came back to do my wedding there.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Gateway Hall in Monroeville. No special meaning, we just needed somewhere very budget friendly, and also where we could provide our own cake.
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? We invited like 160, but only 80 some showed up. It was a bummer at the time, but I'm ok with it now.
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 3 of each.
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? BM dresses were lilac with a white sash; tuxes were black with silver vest and tie.
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? No clue what exact flowers they were! You can still see my bouquet in my siggy pic though. They were pretty common flowers... BM bouquets had more purple than mine.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Location- we needed somewhere budget friendly and where we could provide our own cake b/c DH insisted that his godmother make our cake. I also didn't want it to be too far from my church (was only about 15 min. away).
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? 6 night Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. We made the best of it and had a fun time overall, but I got a stomach bug and the weather was so bad that the decks were closed most of the time.

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? For the ceremony we did the Spanish tradition of the arras (wedding coins). There are 13 coins- 12 representing the Apostles and 1 represents Jesus. DH poured them into my hands as a symbol of his trust and confidence, and signifying that he'd support me (like a dowry). My taking the coins represents my dedication to him and the trust he showed me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? We willl be engaged for a year and a half, March 2010 to September 2011
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? We will have been dating for 3 years when we get married.
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Fall
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Colors,  brown and orange.
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? No real theme, just romantic and traditional.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Orange and Brown
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? At the church FI grew up at and still attends.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Holiday Inn Meadowlands - no special meaning.
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list?  150
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen?  5 of each.
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? Havent chosen yet, but probably brown for the BM's.
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? Havent chosen yet either, but probably roses.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Reception Venue was #1
    Not sure, letting FI plan it. Hopefully somewhere tropical!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? One year and a few weeks! We got engaged on Sept. 22 2009 and will be married on October 9, 2010. EEEP!
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? We will be just under 6 years (Nov. 19th is our dating anniversary!)
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? I am using a lot of rustic pieces, willow branches, manzanita branches and I think the dark purple is very fallish!
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? Not really.. just kind of rustic
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Dark purple and apple green
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Our Lady of the Valley - I've been a member there my whole life!
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? St. Spyridon's Greek Orthodox Helenic Center - not really other than they make really great gyros in the summer!
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? About 190
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? Three BM & GM, one  Junior BM and Junior GM, one flower girl (my niece) and two ring bearers (my nephew and DF's nephew)
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? DB Lapis I love the color! GM's are wearing black with purple vests!
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? Mostly purple roses!
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Umm.. I would have to say reception location!
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? We are going in January and to be honest, we haven't given it much thought. Somewhere in the Carribean!

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? I'm just in love with the little things!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 1 week shy of 2 years.
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married?  7 years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? fall
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding?  Flowers/colors
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? just want it to be elegent - I "think" we pulled it off.  No theme.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? chocolate brown, gold and ivory
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Heinz Chapel.  DH is a Pitt Alum and is in love with the gothic architecture of HC and it was convenient to our reception.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Soliders & Sailors. No special meaning.  It was more out of convenience then anything since most of our guests were coming from out of town.
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? 320'ish and about 191 show up.  Perfect amount.
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 7 of each
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? girls - chocolate brown with ivory - boys had regular black tux with truffle (MW's chocolate brown) vest and tie.
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? daisies, chrysanthemums (fall flowers) and roses.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? location for our out of town guests
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? Kauai and Maui, HI

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? i put DH's ring on the wrong finger...whoops!  Our wedding was very traditional.

image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 13.5 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? a little over 3 years, 2 months
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Fall...except the weather was like winter!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Orange flowers and our centerpieces were candles with fall wreaths around them...and our STDs were a photo with a fall foliage border, DH said it looked like I was inviting people to Thanksgiving dinner (they went out late Oct/early Nov)
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? No particular style really, we just picked what we liked
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Sapphire blue & silver
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Heinz Chapel...special for me because I'm a Pitt alum
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Gateway Clipper....no special meaning, but we loved it because it was unique and really showed off the city to our guests who were pretty much all OOT
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? About 160, we knew only 50% or so would come because of location though
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 4 of each
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? Dresses were sapphire blue, guys wore black tuxes with silver vests/bowties
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? Bouquets were a mixture, I know calla lillies but I can't remember what else (it was modeled off a picture I had), we didn't have real flowers for centerpieces, bouts were I think orange roses
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Reception, we wanted it to be fun with good food and good booze Smile
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? We did a mini-moon to Austin about 6 weeks after the wedding, although I guess you could say our 25 hour drive home after the wedding was our honeymoon!

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? We did pictures at the Pete with the big Pitt logo, that was fun Smile We incorporated some sports stuff into our reception, nothing over the top but little things like our guestbook was a baseball book, our table "numbers" were our favorite sports teams' logos, and our seating chart was a baseball "lineup" where the players were the guests and their position was their table. Our guests loved it!

Vacation

• Options
    ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've been engaged since New Years Eve 2009 so it will be a yr and 6 months.
    We have been friends for such a long time but we have been dating for almost 41/2 yrs.
    Summer!!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? I would say that colors..  ivory, turquoise and hints of pink..
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? We didn't have a theme.  Just wanted it to look elegant.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? ivory, turquoise and hints of pink..
    We are having our ceremony at a beautiful church in Upper St. Clair. 
    Rivers Club... No special meaning..just a beautiful place!
    We have 1 MOH 3 BMs 1 Best Man 3 GM 2 Flower girls and 1 RB
    The BM dresses are turquoise. The GMs tuxes are ivory with turquoise vests!
    Stargate lillies and some other flowers that my mom picked.  My mom does flowers so I let her pick :)
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc?
    After the dress was picked I would say finding the reception venue.
    We are going to St Pete Florida..so far no oil has hit our beach.. We have a week from this Sunday..
    Its 12 days from today and I feel very very overwhelmed with all the last minute details....  Work doesn't help much either....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fun - an excuse to procrastinate work some more :)

1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? a little over 10 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? it will be almost 3 years exactly
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? summer
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? nothing really
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? i'm going for a formal/vintage feel, mainly based on my dress (all lace) and our venue
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? aubergine (kind of a red wine color) and charcoal grey, with lots of green flowers
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Pittsburgh Athletic Association - no meaning
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Pittsburgh Athletic Association - no meaning
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? 208 - lots of OOT so we're hoping for 160 or so, we'll see how that goes...
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 6 of each, 2 FGs, 1 RB
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? aubergine (after six) with charcoal grey sashes.  the men are wearing black tuxes with charcoal grey vests.
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? lots of orchids, green hydrangeas, purple dahlias, green fuji mums
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? the venue - we picked it first and based everything on that
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon?  We originally booked a trip to Thailand/Japan, but due to the anti-government protests, we started researching backups last month.  We booked a backup to Moorea (near Tahiti), with a week in CA on the way back driving up the PCH from LA to SF/Sonoma.  The Thailand protests have died down, so we should be able to go, but now I think I like our backup more :)

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?  nothing yet - i haven't had time to focus on fun details yet, but hopefully i will!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julia - you'll have to let me know if you like Moorea (if you go!) We really want to go - it's our first choice - but we want to make sure there is enough to do! :)

By the way - I love hearing about everyone's wedding details!!!
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? got engaged after dating about 2 years and 2 months, will have been together slightly over 3 years at wedding time
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? about 3 years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? fall
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? nothing really, I always wanted a pink wedding, but I chose a darker pink since it wont' be spring/summer
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? no real theme other than I always wanted the Cinderella, princess wedding Smile
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? main color is a fuschia...silver jewelry and accents are ivory
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? we are getting married at Transfiguration Parish in Monongahela which was my hometown church
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? reception is at the Sheraton Station Square..no special meaning other than we wanted something in PGH and it actually holds our big group!
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? um....about 460-470
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen, 2 jr bridesmaids, and 1 ring bearer
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? girls dresses are fushcia and tuxes are black
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? I have no idea. I know my bouquet has roses but I'm so awful with flower names. I know they are very pretty though Tongue out
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? guest list
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon?  Greece
    15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?  I have a few surprises up my sleeve...nothing crazy but just a cool thing I booked that I wont share until after the wedding. Just hoping for nice weather and lots of fun with friends!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and ps..for #15..this isn't about the wedidng itself but my shower is this Sunday! Yay!
  • Options
    abbys0420abbys0420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 1 year and 4 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 5 and a half years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? summer
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? The flowers, I guess, but that's about it...
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? I just want it to be simple and fun
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? navy blue, pink and green
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Duquesne Chapel. FI and I are both alumni. We met while I was getting my masters there.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Duquesne University Power Center Ballroom (see above)
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? about 150
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 6 of each
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? BMs are wearing navy blue dresses from JCrew, Groom/GM are wearing gray tuxes
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? I am not sure yet. Something bright pink with a lot of greenery mixed in.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Keeping things simple, and actually, finding a place where I could provide my own alcohol was important to me.
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? Napa Valley

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? Cupcakes from Dozen bakery instead of a wedding cake. I swear, if I still lived in Pittsburgh I would gain a thousand pounds because I would get those cupcakes so often :)
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 13 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? It will be SEVEN YEARS!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Nothing. We chose our date based on availability, not on season.
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? Um, eggplant swirl, if you can call that a theme. Vintage too, I suppose, because the venue is very 1920s
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Eggplant with jewel tone accents
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Yes! My college. I decided I was going to get married there when I was a senior in high school and visiting colleges. (Chose the church before the FI :) )
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Oakland- Nope, not really any special meaning, but FI did go to Pitt, so he enjoys that it is in Oakland
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? Roughly 160
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 4 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen. Oops!
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? Eggplant for the ladies. Black tuxes for the guys with either all black vests or black vests and purple ties depending upon how they look together. Very nervous about that. FI is wearing a white vest, and my dress is diamond white, so I'm nervous about that too.
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? Fuschia orchids, lime green orchids, burgundy dahlias, pink and purple filler stock. Pink calla lilles for me and FI too, and I just might spring for the fiddlehead ferns too. I'm probably most nervous about my flowers looking decent, and not like a box of crayolas!!!
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? The church
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? Hawaii- FI's pick.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julia- I went to Tokyo and Thailand a few years ago. Thailand was absolutely incredible! All I have to do to relax is just think about it :)  I wanted to go to Thailand (Vietnam, Fiji, or Greece) for our honeymoon, but FI didn't want to. I'm kind of happy that Thailand didn't work out this time, all things considered! If you do ever end up going there, message me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_fun-wedding-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:3f76196e-b157-4126-9fb8-ca1db5ca3ab0Post:890290dc-3ec5-4728-bb57-3aed83d987bb">Re: Fun Wedding Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? Eggplant for the ladies. Black tuxes for the guys with either all black vests or black vests and purple ties depending upon how they look together. Very nervous about that. FI is wearing a white vest, and my dress is diamond white, so I'm nervous about that too.
    Posted by AP910[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone will notice that your dress is diamond white and FI's vest is just white. White is white IMO- I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GMC - I will definitely let you know how we like it if we end up going!  It looks like there is a lot to do, but mainly outdoor/water activities.  Then just a lot of relaxing :)  I travel for work a lot so we're using hotel points to stay at the Hilton resort there - it looks amazing.

AP - Thanks, I will contact you if we go to Thailand!  We both really want to go, but we're thinking Moorea is more of a 'honeymoon' and relaxing destination and we can go explore Thailand another time.  It looks beautiful, so I want to get there at some point in my life!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thanks Julia!! :)
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim :)
    Julia- I'm sure you will have SUCH a great time!!!!!!!  Definitely go to Thailand at some point in your life. It is awesome. You can do exploring with your backpack and and your little brother in tow like I did, or something classier. I always vote for the backpack trip.....(or maybe my wallet votes for the backpacking version!) so the idea of just relaxing on my honeymoon has been a hard one for me to adjust to!!! Moorea sounds absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You must be so excited!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011
    Almost 12 months exactly
    Just shy of four years
    Summer!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Nada
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it?
    No straight out theme, but I'm incorporating a lot of global things (I hired a Spanish guitarist to play during cocktail hour, my MOH is reading a Pablo Neruda sonnet in Spanish at the ceremony, all of the hor d'oeuvres are Spanish tapas, special Mexican decoration
    Green, white and black
    Heinz Chapel. FI always wanted to get married there since he's an alum and I got on board with the idea after getting my master's there last year. 
    Pittsburgh Golf Club. No special meaning but a ton of our dates in the beginning were in Squirrel Hill.
    Four each
    Black dresses for the girls. Guys tuxes are black with sage colored vests
    White roses for my bouquet, an assortment of green flowers for the girls, green orchids for the guys, centerpieces are going to be green roses for half the tables, and then for the other tables, an arrangement of calla lilies, bethlehem star, and bear grass.
    Probably location and decor/personalized touches
    Belgium and Paris.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun fun fun!

We will have been engaged for just shy of a year- about 11 months and two weeks.
    Haha, depends on who you ask :)  We've been dating off and on for eight years at this point.
    Summer- July
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding?
    Lots of beautiful, bright fresh flowers and food made with local, in-season ingredients
    No real theme- I wanted a large, elegant, slightly quirky yet fancy, and FUN party, and that's what we're having!
    Our main color is a bright celery green (like peridot) and accent colors are jewel tones- like the colors of a peacock feather.  Sapphire, turquoise, emerald, and amethyst.
    St. Boniface church just north of the city.  FI wanted a Catholic church and I wanted an old stone church with a long aisler that neither of us grew up in, as a compromise.   This one is a historic venue and actually looks like a Byzantine/Russian church, was has added meaning since my mom's whole side of the family is Carpatho-Russian Orthodox.
    The Duquesne Club in downtown Pittsburgh.  Lots of FI's family members belong to the club.  We liked it because we could do a progressive reception (moving from room to room throughout the night) and because of the extensive and beautiful fine art collection on display.
    If everyone we invited brought a guest (every single person was invited with one), our number is at 318 invited.  We're hoping to have no more than 270 attend so we can set up the room the way we want!
    5 bridesmaids (1 MOH and 4 BMs) and 6 groomsmen (1 best man and 5 GMs)
    Each of the girls is wearing a different dress in each one of my wedding colors listed above.  All our GMs own their own black tuxes, so they are wearing those with celery green bow ties and maybe pocket squares.
    Cymbidium orchids, green and white hydrangeas, ranunculus, peonies, lots of greenery and berries, and many other things I don't know the name of!  Flowers are not my forte.
    Hmmm, I guess location and the general "look and feel" of things- I wanted it to all feel sumptuous and special but also fun and a little different.
    Nepal and central India
    Hmmmm... I'm also very excited about our cookie table, our candy buffet, our photobooth, and the short party dress I'm changing into for the last two hours or so of the reception!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 1 year and five months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 3 1/2 years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Summer!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Mostly colors and flowers
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? hmm i guess you would call it a traditional style wedding..
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Purple and peach
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? St Sebastian's - we just bought a house in May and this is our new church!
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? LeMont - the first time we ever met (which was for a pre-interview dinner for an internship when we were jrs in college) we met in the room where we are having our reception :)
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? 200-225ish
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 6 ladies, 8 guys
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? TBD - most likely purple for the ladies and black tuxes for the guys
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? tbd
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? location of reception! We wanted to showcase pittsburgh
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? tbd - but needs to include a beach and hopefully will be an all inclusive package - FI is responsible for this planning aspect :)

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? not too far along in the planning - but really hoping to add personalized touches to our day!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamie, your wedding is going to be huge!!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am late, but I still wanna play!
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 15 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? Almost 5 years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married?SUMMER!
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding?  Just seasonal flowers
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it?Traditional is what we are going for.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors?Indigo Blue and Silver
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? WVUnited Methodisy Church  Any special meaning to you and FI/DH?It's been my chhurch since I was born
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? 911 Air Reserve Base  Any special meaning to you and FI/DH?Not really-it's my dad's base
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list?  131
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have?4  Groomsmen? 4
    11. What color are your BMs dresses?   Indigo Blue with Blue Jay Trim  Groomsmen's tuxes/suits?Black
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts?  Blue hydrangeas, white gerber daisies, white roses
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding?   Photographer, venue, and dress 
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon?This time next week we'll be in HAWAII!!

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?  We are going to have a ridiculous amount of cookies for the number of people that are coming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 14 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 4 years 8 months
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? spring
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? I think the flowers although I don't have those finalized.
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? we don't have a theme
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? lapis and I want to include some other color but I haven't decided.
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? St. John and Paul,  no special meaning
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Marriott North - no meaning
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? We have a little over 200 on the list right now
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 6 of each
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? lapis (purple) for the girls and most likely black tuxes and purple vest for the guys
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? I'm not sure yet.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? the venue... we wanted it at a hotel because my FI family will all be driving/flying in
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon?  We haven't booked it but I think a Mediterraneancruise.
    15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?  I guess I will need to tell you after.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 1 year and almost 2 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 5 years and a little over 4 months
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Summer
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? nothing really, besides having flowers and short BM dresses
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? no specific style; a little modern meets traditional with a twist I guess
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Navy blue, a light/bright green & accents of bright orange
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Heinz Chapel - we both went to Pitt & met there plus my parents and uncles went there as well as his sister
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? PPG Aquarium at the zoo; no real meaning besides we are animal people and wanted something a little different
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? we invited 190 and about 150 are coming
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? 1 MOH, 5 BM, 2 FG, 1 BM, and 5 GM
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? BM dresses are navy and GM are wearing grey tuxes with navy vest & tie
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? we used orchids, cala lillies, gerbera daisies, hydrangeas, and some others
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? Our biggest splurge was our photographers but location was so important to us that we centered the date around the availability for ceremony and reception venues
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? we are going to Costa Rica from July 5-12

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day?  I love all the small details of things and personalizing them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme..I know! lol. I definitely wanted a big wedding and FI is being soo good about it since he actually wanted a destination wedding! But it was very important to me to get married in a church and both of our parents have lots of friends. He keeps saying this isn't how he pictured his wedding, but is having fun planning it (till the bill comes I guess!).  Hence also why I'm trying to throw in a couple of surprises for him since he's been so good to me with the big wedding.

There was one thing in particular he said he wanted and I made a big fuss over how its tacky and I would never do that..but of course it was the first thing I booked ; )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How long will you have been/were you engaged when you get/got married? 1 year and 3 months
    2. How long were you and FI/DH dating when you get/got married? 2.5 years
    3. What season of the year are you getting married? Summer
    4. What (if anything) are you doing to incorporate the season/time of year into your wedding? Just the flowers
    5. What 'style' wedding are you planning/did you plan? Did you have a theme? If so, what is/was it? No theme. We are looking to have a relaxed, fun, party. We aren't looking for a formal event. Hopefully it will be different than a traditional wedding.
    6. What are/were your wedding colors? Navy blue, abright pink, and green in the flowers
    7. What/Where is your ceremony venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? Old Stone Church- We didn't want our wedding in a church but couldn't find the "right place". We were scared to have it in a park because you never know Pgh weather! The Old Stone Church is no longer a specific type religion. In fact, it's owned by a historical society. So we have the look of the church without the religion part. Plus, my parents got married there 30 some years ago.
    8. What/Where is your reception venue? Any special meaning to you and FI/DH? PPG Aquarium at the zoo. We wanted something unique. Anytime I tell anyone where it's at, they are surprised. Especially here in DC because the zoo doesn't do weddings.
    9. How many people are/were on your guest list? As of now, we're inviting around 120 and hopefully only 100-110 come.
    10. How many Bridesmaids do/did you have? Groomsmen? This is a sore subject! I'll explain it all in a post later! As of now, 4 GM and 3 BM
    11. What color are your BMs dresses? Groomsmen's tuxes/suits? BM will be Navy
    12. What flowers are you/did you use in the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts? I want big poofy flowers. ALl I care about though is that they are bright pink and green.
    13. What is/was your #1 priority when planning your wedding? i.e. dress, food, location, decor, etc? We wanted something unique. We found that with the zoo. We didn't want the traditional wedding.
    14. Where are you (did you) going on your honeymoon? No idea just yet.

15. Any other special/ fun details you want to share about your day? Dozens cupcakes instead of a cake! Yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we will have been engaged about a year and 3 months
    we will have been together about 2.5 years when we get married
    spring
    we really aren't, since we had originally intended upon getting married in the fall
    we don't really have a theme, we're just using the color scheme very strictly in all of the decorations
    we are using black, white, and red for accents
    we are getting married in his church, where he grew up and went to catholic school
    it's at st. spyridon hellenic center in the mon valley - we just needed somewhere that would hold a large amount of people and everyone loves their food lol
    it was 384 (gag) but i convinced his parents to cut it, and we're somewhere in the 200s now, thank god
    5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, 2 junior bridesmaids
    the girls' dresses will be black, and the guys' tuxes will most likely be black and white
    we're planning to use bright red roses for everything (but i'm opting out of floral centerpieces for the reception)
    keeping it simple!
    we're between puntacana and riviera maya
    we'll be getting married on one of my fiance's best friends' parents' anniversary :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards