Honeymoon Discussions

**JELLS!**

Ugh.  Got some bad news from our TA this morning.  Air Seychelles has gone and changed their flight schedules.  Long story short, we were already only planning 4 nights on Praslin (there are only flights on Tues/Thurs/Sun; it was either 4 days or 7 days) and now with the time changes, we need to add an extra night in Jo'burg and we will lose about 1.5 days in Seychelles.  

Our TA mentioned that we could look into going to Mauritius instead...I really don't have any interest in doing that, but I wanted to check in with you to hear your thoughts.  I'm pretty bummed - this is our last pre-baby trip and, of course, I want it to be perfect.  It's just SUCH a long and expensive flight for so little time, plus all the added charges for change/cancellation fees to switch to Mauritius.  

I looked into extending the stay to 7 days in the Seychelles (which would be the other option) and just paying the additional costs knowing that it would be worth it for the additional time, but Londolozi (where we're staying for the safari portion) is fully booked for the alternate dates. 

So tell me more about the Seychelles and Mauritius...I don't think I can convince myself not to do Seychelles...
Photobucket Vacation Vacation

Re: **JELLS!**

• edited February 2013
    UGH what a pain! For what it's worth, I, too, had to rearrange my trip due to an Air Seychelles schedule change! We were originally going to do 7 nights in the Seychelles and we ended up with 6. We had originally planned two nights on Mahe at a nicer resort, but then it was cut down to one and we wouldn't be arriving until 9pm. So, we stayed at a cheaper place.

Mauritius was okay- I enjoyed the private speedboat tour we did and the resort staff where we stayed were so friendly. I just felt that he drive to the resort from the airport was way too log (over an hour) and the activities were the same (alll quite far). The water was not as crystal blue and land itself jut wasn't quite as scenic. I really would not mind going back there, though, and checking out the St. Regis. It could be that we chose to stay on a side of the island that isn't quite as pleasing. I know that the St. Regis is near Le Morne and has  little bit of a more dramatic backdrop. We also liked the fact that things tended to be less expensive (the speedboat tour was only around $450 for a half day!) And that when you took a cab somewhere, they stayed and waited for you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards