Wedding Party

Dresses

Not really sure how I feel about this..... but i was wondering if it would bother anyone else if your future mother in law decided to wear the same color dress as the brides maid dress?? Part of me is bothered by it but part of me is just like oh well it doesn't really matter in the scheme of life w/e.... just wondering

Re: Dresses

• I wouldn't care. 

I seriously doubt anyone would mistake my MIL for a BM.
  • Why would that be a problem?
  • As long as MIL didn't wear a BM dress it wouldn't bother me. 

As long as she's coordinating with the colors it's great.

If she's starving for attention and doing what she can to look "young again" then she's going to be sadly mistaken on your wedding day when she's still the MOG.
  • I wouldnt care. Pretty much as long as my FMIL wears something i dont care what she does.
  • I'd think it's cool that she is trying to coordinate with the colors.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • It's totally fine. I've found that the farther I get into planning (and the more time I spend on here), the less I care about the little details.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cae29c1b-5d21-48a2-85ba-d8d7fadc12f8Post:4c016921-1bb0-4d49-9aa0-49dc435fc491">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's totally fine. I've found that the farther I get into planning (and the more time I spend on here), the less I care about the little details.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this!!!!!!
  • It's funny that you are in this situation. many girls that post here are looking to somehow force the mothers to wear the same color. Look how the tables have turned. It wouldn't bother me. She is probably just thinking about your photos and wanting to look a part of the big day.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Totally doesn't matter in the long run.  No sense in getting upset about little things like that.
  • I think the idea would bother me a little bit, not gonna lie.  But it's not a huge deal, and I don't think I'd even notice the day of.  No one is going to mistake her for a bridesmaid, unless perhaps she's wearing the exact same dress.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Has she asked you about what she should wear? If she's considering getting a dress and has asked for your opinion, I think it's fine to say "oh that's a great color - the BMs are actually wearing that. Have you seen anything you like in our contrasting color? I think that would look good too." Not saying you're against her wearing the same color, but also giving her another idea if that's what she's looking for (and some MOG do genuinely want to know the bride's opinion).

If she's already decided on this dress though, I'd just let it go.
  • yeah, like i said it doesn't really bother me THAT much, its more of a i tihnk its kind of weird that she would esp. when she previously asked me what I thought I said she would look good in a light purple or a light blue which is what she was going to do. And I didn't even know she had bought a dress......  We arrived yesterday for Xmas and she was like oh did J show you the pic of my dress and I said no so she brought it up online and was like yeah and its a rose pink just like that BMs. I was just like oh you'll look nice in that color.....  not really too bothered... just think its a little weird, but she IS soooo....
  • Nah.  When I started the whole process, I actually thought the moms were *supposed to* match the BMs and each other.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards