Texas-San Antonio

Asking: Which Bridal shops in San Antonio....

Ladies, 

I am visiting my MOH this weekend - she lives in san antonio. We are shopping for a dress for me - the bride. (My BM's already have their dresses). 

Please advise us on good bridal shops in the area to go. I heard of Mayfair Bridals & Galleria Bridals (I think that's the name). Anywhere else worth going? An  afternoon of trying on dresses goes fast so i want to have an idea b/4 we drive around. 

Also, its a destination wedding - so to me it doesnt have to be a dress over $1,000. 

Thanks so much - very appreciative.

Re: Asking: Which Bridal shops in San Antonio....

• edited December 2011
    Mayfair Bridal is the best! That's where I got mine...I got mine super expensive and then had some custom design changes done by seamstress. I think Mayfair has awesome variety at very good prices. Just book an appointment with them for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    Went to Debi's and I thought the staff was nice although I only went to look at dresses for my bridesmaids but they do have many dresses in your price range and lower.
    I did try on dresses at Bridal Galleria and had an awful experience.  They were just flat out rude and I"m a pretty forgiving person and will let a lot go.  I tried on several dresses I loved but couldn't stand the thought of buying from them.
    I purchased my dress at Bella Notte Bridal on 1604 and although the initial experience there was fantastic, the rest was a HUGE nightmare and there are many many other stories from ladies on here and reviews online that say the same exact thing so I'd recommend staying away from that one.
    I also heard the Celebration up in New Braunfels is nice with a good selection and good customer service.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BlusiemeBlusieme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks both of you. I just made an appointment w/ Mayfair Bridals. :-) I also read the horrible reviews from the Galleria place - thanks its good to hear it on here also. 

If anyone esle has input please chime in....I dont head to san antonio until tomorrow (early saturday). :-) 

((thanks-bunches)) 

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oliviosis: 
    (wow that font sure is large....)
    I just googled Debi's.... there are 2 locations. Which one is the best/larger one? Military Drive or San Pedro by 410?
    Thank you so much...
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Debis bridal. The one on San Pedro, They were very nice and had lots of dresses to try on :)
    Married June 4, 2010 to the love of my life :)
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Debi's on San Pedro.  I didn't even know there were two :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to the one on SW Military drive - they were so friendly! Motherly in a cool kinda way. :-) I found the perfect dress & I cant believe it. On my first visit (in San Antonio). I didn't even want to go to Mayfair bridals after Debi's. 

Unfortunetly, they did not carry my size (in the dress i LOVE)-- & it might take too much time to have it ordered. I want that dress so bad. To wear THIS dress -- I will have to loose 3 inches in 3 months. (there's not that much material to take-in). 

I am happily excited, yet a little worried. :-(  

Thank you so much ladies - very much. 

• edited December 2011
    Just wanted to chime in and second the rec to stay away from Bella Notte. I had a horrible horrible bridesmaid dress experience there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards