New York-Western
Options

Wedding Over-Vendor Reviews

Hi everyone.

Our wedding was 9/17. And I must say, we were really happy with everyone we used. Hope these reviews might help some of you in the planning stages. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hall
Pearl Street
-I could go on all day about how great they were. From the very beginning they were organized and helpful. Throughout the planning, I didn't hear one bad from from anyone who has used them in the past. They were right in line with a lot of other bigger, fancier places I check. In my opinion, you get a lot more with PS. We went to 5 weddings this year and it was a lot of bad food (Classics V, Templeton-although their appetizers were awesome, dinner not so much), and nasty bartenders. Our guests are honest and would say if they weren't happy. Everyone said how much they loved the venue, the food, and the staff.

Photographer
Expressions
We used Katie with Expressions Studio in Williamsville. She was fantastic. She's very mellow but fun to be around. I just got a peek at the pictures and they came out absolutely beautiful. I normally hate pictures of myself and these look great. I don't know how I will narrow down which ones to use in the book!

DJ
Moving Music
We had Tony with Moving Music. He was recommended by Natalie at Pearl Street. He was just great. He is warm and funny, and goes out of your way to make sure you have fun. He went out of his way to find some more obscure songs that FI wanted to play during dinner, and he got them all. He kept the dancefloor going all night. We had a blast because of him.

Limo
TLC Limo & Consierge
Our driver was Don with TLC. They are a newer company, I believe. They were very reasonable and had exactly what we needed. My father found them. The cars were super clean & nice! They have some more unique limos too. We had a Chrysler 300. Looked great. We loved it!

Makeup
The Makeup Parlor-Stephanie
Stephanie does airbrush makeup and will come to your house the day off. She did a wonderful job. I have pretty bad undereye circles and had a pimple the day of. She covered them both & it looked flawless!

Hair
Morcelle Salon-Jenny
Jenny did a great job on my hair! We did a trial a few weeks before and she was patient and played around until we found a style that was perfect. Day of went smooth as well. My hair came out great & a lot of people said how much they liked it.

Re: Wedding Over-Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011

Aero glad you had an awesome wedding!

Jealous that you had yours at Pearl Street , wish I was getting married in that area I loved it there in college. We had all of our functions there.

May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's encouraging to hear a good review about Moving Music (not that I've heard any bad ones), because we're using them as well!

Congrats on your wedding, glad it was awesome!!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_wedding-over-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:ec8a2f66-28ed-478c-a354-44c98c757b50Post:6dc2e302-5e77-4f88-a82c-4f33ee3e55ea">Re: Wedding Over-Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's encouraging to hear a good review about Moving Music (not that I've heard any bad ones), because we're using them as well! Congrats on your wedding, glad it was awesome!!
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

You will love them. We had so much fun, and a lot of it has to do with him picking such great music. try to get Tony if you can.
  • Options
    snooks721snooks721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you were happy with all of your vendors. For your make-up girl, if you don't mind me asking how much does she charge? I'm getting my hair done at my salon but they don't do make up there so I'm going to need to get a make up artist but of course... as long as she's within budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't find my invoice but I want to say is was 60 or so? Pricey, yes, but I thought it was worth it. She came to me which was a huge help the day of, and there don't seem to be a lot of make up artists around here that do airbrush. She also did NY Fashion Week recently!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Pearl Street in August 2012. I keep hearing amazing things I'm so excited!!! Once the busy wedding season is over I'm hoping to talk to Natalie again to get some ideas about centerpieces, linens, and all that good stuff!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_wedding-over-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:ec8a2f66-28ed-478c-a354-44c98c757b50Post:8cc43a37-db31-4228-a7f4-7a2ba20464d5">Re: Wedding Over-Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't find my invoice but I want to say is was 60 or so? Pricey, yes, but I thought it was worth it. She came to me which was a huge help the day of, and there don't seem to be a lot of make up artists around here that do airbrush. She also did NY Fashion Week recently!
    Posted by AeroStyle[/QUOTE]

Sephora does airbrush makeup, but it is $50 and you have to sit in the middle of the store to have it done.  The extra $10 seems worth it to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards