Massachusetts-Boston

Hotels in Dedham/Norwood/Sharon/Foxborough area + other vendors

Hi all,

I'm getting married next fall at the Saphire Estate in Sharon...beyond excited! My fiance and I are just starting to research hotels in the area for our guests, and likely us, to stay. Our reception ends at 10:30, so we're hoping to organize an after party too. Does anyone have any experience with hotels in the area with a bar in it too accomodate after wedding drinks, or near a place that we can have drinks at after? I was considering a hotel near Legacy or Patriot Place but would love some input! Thank you!

We are also still looking for...
+A JP
+limos/shuttles/bus
+Florist
+Dessert/Cake (Hopefully pie?)
+Photobooth
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotels in Dedham/Norwood/Sharon/Foxborough area + other vendors

• The Renaissance at Patriot Place is nice and there are a handful of bars right there you could go to. 
    For flowers, take a look at Bella Floral out of Westwood.
  •  I've looked into the Renaissance, they just can't give me a quote until they know next seasons football schedule. We're leaning towards Legacy for the lack of football vibe. Thanks for the tips.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hotels-in-dedhamnorwoodsharonfoxborough-area-other-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:37c8cc02-ee03-47c7-8e5c-cba75dcce65bPost:852b5090-1c80-41ea-8104-7bcd4271476e">Re: Hotels in Dedham/Norwood/Sharon/Foxborough area + other vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Renaissance at Patriot Place is nice and there are a handful of bars right there you could go to.  For flowers, take a look at Bella Floral out of Westwood.
    Posted by Molly&Andy[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My family came out to visit last year and stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Norwood.  Nice place: )

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hotels-in-dedhamnorwoodsharonfoxborough-area-other-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:37c8cc02-ee03-47c7-8e5c-cba75dcce65bPost:6bed10a6-8761-421f-879b-d9240863bd58">Re: Hotels in Dedham/Norwood/Sharon/Foxborough area + other vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]My family came out to visit last year and stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Norwood.  Nice place: )
    Posted by TheGirl4Eliot[/QUOTE]
    AND they have a nice bar there as well!
  • We stayed at the Residence Inn in Norwood. I would also recommend our florist - Judy's Village Flowers in Foxboro...and our DJ John Wells from the Event Connection in Randolph, MA. Good Luck!

~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am no help with the hotels, but we are using Richard Perry as a JP and I can't say enough good things about him. We are also using Flowers by Darlene out of Salem, but I believe she travels. She came highly recommended and is very reasonably priced.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    red eye photo booth! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My best friend got married at the Saphire estate and she used four points Sheraton in Norwood. It was really nice!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We had originally planned to have our wedding in that area as well (we live in Dedham) and I looked at the Marriott in Dedham as a possibility.  They have a Buca di Beppo in the building and are right across the street from Legacy Place (Yard House, Aquitaine, Legal Seafoods, Wicked, etc.) so tons of places to eat and hang out!  Not to mention, the train is right there so guests flying in could even take a commuter rail out.  They also have shuttle buses (will pick you up the ten feet from the train to the hotel).  I believe the shuttle will do wedding drop offs and pick ups (so your guests wouldn't have to worry about drinking, not knowing the area, etc.!). 

And honestly, Legacy Place has way more to do and see than Patriot Place.  Unless you're a football fan.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Oh, and Dessert Works in Westwood (on Route 1) is super close!  I've heard great things, but have not personally used them.  Ivy's in Canton is also a cheaper alternative. 

For flowers, maybe consider Walpole Floral?
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards