Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Potomac Bakery?

Has anyone used or is planning to use Potomac Bakery for their wedding cake? I've seen positive reviews for their cookies, but just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on their wedding cakes? We also liked Cakes by Tammy and Bethel was too pricey. The only thing I'm concerned about is that Potomac starts making the cake on Tuesday for a Saturday wedding which seems quite early and I'm afraid it won't be as good. They were significantly cheaper though so we're thinking we could save some money with Potomac.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Potomac Bakery?

• I am not using them.  We will probably end up using Signature Desserts as our original choice closed a couple days ago (which I guess is a good thing it happened before they took my money) - have you looked into them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did look into them, I may use them for cookies! Thanks for the suggestion!. After I posted this, we ended up getting Tammy from Cakes by Tammy to come down in her price and we booked her immediately! Ive heard such great things about her and loved the tasting cakes, so we figured we were in good shape. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I considered Potomac Bakery as well, but was much more impressed with Sugar Cafe - just up the street from Potomac Bakery in Dormont.  The owner, Kelly, is very creative and the quality is excellent.  My wedding isn't for a couple of weeks, but she had so many more options to chose from in terms of flavors and designs, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards