California-Tahoe

North Lake Wedding Venues??

We're looking for a venue to hold about 80 people in August of next year.  Would love the ceremony to be outside, preferably with a view of the lake, and the reception at the same site.  Any ideas for a beautiful, private, fun space? Any and all help appreciated!

Re: North Lake Wedding Venues??

• edited December 2011
    Sand Harbor. I think that it's 400 to rent + per car fee for entrance, because it's a state park. That pays for the entire day from opening in the morning until dusk.

Hope that helps!
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks; I love Sand Harbor, my only thought was that there would be a bunch of people around and not be very intimate. I'll check it out though; thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a separate Group area with private parking lot. The only reason why we aren't having our wedding there is because they have a capacity limit and we were over by about.....oh....100 people.

Good Luck!
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • edited December 2011
    Sand Harbor is gorgeous, but it's not toally private. There's also only a moderate size gazebo there for cover, so if you get an afternoon thunderstorm it could be a problem. (I was photographing a wedding there last summer and we got not only rain but hail). Thunderbird Lodge is a great spot, and gorgeous--beautiful old stone buildings right on the lake. Gar Woods might be another good option. They have a lawn overlooking the lake and a nice reception area upstairs. I just shot at the Tahoe Tree Company a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how gorgeous it was, though it is not on the lake. I hope that helps!
    Best wishes,
    Nicole 
    Nicole Miller Photography
  • aaschoeffleraaschoeffler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at the Tahoe Tree Company in Tahoe City and it is GORGEOUS. They have a beautiful gazebo with a garden for an outdoor ceremony, and they have options for outdoor receptions, or indoor if you have a small guest list (the event coordinator said the inside could fit about 65 people comfortably). I believe the estimate would be about $2700 for the ceremony and the reception, but that only inlcudes the space. You have to get your own caterer and furniture rentals separately. But you would probably save money on flowers and decor because the place is so naturally beautiful. 

The North Tahoe Event Center is also an option for a beach ceremony with an indoor reception, but the beach is public, so depending on when you had the wedding, there could be lots of people around. 

For a low-key reception, there is a nice "ramada" (giant gazebo) at North Tahoe Regional Park. It can hold 100 people, and it has big wooden tables and benches already there. It also has a big stone BBQ pit in the center. I don't know if you are allowed to use the area next to the ramada for dancing or anything though, so that could be a problem. 

Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips everyone.  Great ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    I would try garwoods. Thats where I am getting married and I am so excited. Check it out
  • edited December 2011
    No lake view but can rent the house and do it in back yard we are the first weekend in Aug next year
    www.1046lakeshore.com/">http://www.1046lakeshore.com/
  • edited December 2011
    E-mail my friend Maggie in the "ask maggie" section

She's an editor of a site that specializes in rustic/outdoor weddings.  Her venue section is not posted yet but she has plenty to choose from.  She is really helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    cshwedding....vendors aren't allowed to post on the boards. Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a vendor that is where I am getting married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards