Flowers
Options

foating flowers

okay have any of you seen centerpieces with the tall vases with what apears to be roses or petels or other flowers floating in the inside of the vase and sometimes there is a lamp shade on top, but there are no stems on the flowers and obsiovsly non on the petals and i am just wondering how to do this
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: foating flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Petals will float on top of the water, and lots of flowers will, too. So the way to get these flora on top of the water is just to put it there.

As for submerged in water, I've seen arrangements stuffed with petals so they can't all float on top.

As for whole flowers submerged, I hear they're tied down with fishing wire. We're having submerged roses, but hiring a professional. I've been told that there's directions on the DIY board, though.
  • Options
    harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually the end of the fishing line or clear craft thread is glued to a decorative marble/pebble in the bottom of the vase so the flower is weighted down at exactly the height you want it. :)

Attach the line to the flower with a small pin, place the flower/line/weight in the vase and very gently and slowly add water, not pouring it right onto the petals as that could bruise the flower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you~!!! probably going to do this, i think it will save on my budget a ton, i hope anyway
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards