New York-Western

Vizcarra Vineyards- Gasport

Any opinions of the Vizcarra Vineyards at Becker Farms in Gasport? We are having our wedding there in 2011 and I want to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Also, are there any recommendations to any businesses in Lockport? We live down near Hamburg, so we will be doing everything up that way.

Thanks!

Re: Vizcarra Vineyards- Gasport

• edited December 2011

I've only been to becker farms apple picking, but, what a unique idea!!  I didn't know they did weddings.

Businesses up that way??  Like venors or hotels?  What are you looking for?

My friend got married at Lockport Locks so I know a few.

Most vendors will deliver but nearby I could reccomend:

Lipinoga Florist in Clarence

Muscoreils' Bakery on Niag. Falls Blvd.

Priore did her pics

Her officiant was bad so I won't reccomend- but- most travel

We stayed at some hotel nearby to get dressed I think it was Lockport Inn or Manor or something.

her hair stylist was from Excuria and travelled to the hotel to do our hair.

anything else let me know...
  • WNYfanWNYfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey - Vizcarra people are great.  We went there to check it out but decided to go with Tuscarora Inn in Lockport (owned by DeFlippos).  I would HIGHLY recommend Tuscarora for any shower/lunch type of event.  Food is FABULOUS!  There's also Spring Lake Winery in between Gasport and Lockport which could be a cool place for something. Our hotel block is with the Holiday Inn in Lockport - Terri McDonald is the contact there...she's great and very helpful.  Lockport is a small-ish town so the managers all know each other (Tom DeFlippo knows Terri, knows the Spring Lake people, etc.).  They all recommend Timkey Limo for car service and cap rides after the event. Hope this helps! 
  • sarahtabelskisarahtabelski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married here this coming summer!  I cannot wait!!!! 

As for local vendors... we are staying at the Lockport Inn on Transit Road.  We went and looked at rooms, they have many options!  We reserved the honeymoon suite for ourselves but they have many different types rooms, some with in room jacuzzi. 

We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Lockport Locks.  It was the first and only place I looked at.  A very unique atmosphere and I would highly recommend it! 
    Myself, I am looking for a hair salon in Lockport that the girls can all go to that is good.  Any suggestions???
  • Jesi15Jesi15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there last fall in September. We all thought it was going to be super hicklike and tacky but it really was beautiful! Let me find the link to her wedding photos so you can see the reception pics!

http://www.selahimages.com/Home/photos/tabid/968/Default.aspx

I don't know if that will work but if you go to www.selahimages.com and then click on the link that says view photos, it's Dan and Mary's wedding in Olcott...then you can look at the reception photos. The only thing I didn't like was that they left their little gift shop open which was tacky and some of her nieces and nephews "stole" some candy because it looked like it was part of the dessert set up so that was really weird. They had the table right next to the cake table so watch out for that! It was the rock candy suckers they sell.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

Sarahtabelski- After you get married and get settled in after your honeymoon, please let us know what you thought of the venue! I am really excited. I bet the new pavilion is going to look amazing! Best of luck to you!
  • rwoloszyn86rwoloszyn86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a company that has partnered with Vizcarra and I have to say they are great people!! The family all works there and the owners Daughter's wedding was there.  All of the staff are super nice and the location is beautiful! 

I know a DJ that travels all over and has great rates...The DJ GUY and his number is 716-868-7090.  Also his wife is a photographer and when they do weddings together they usually give you better rates and they both rock! They are super nice and profesional.  They both throw in so many extras! You won't regret looking into them.  His wifes website is www.rgsphoto.net
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just attended a wedding shower at Vizcarra and it was wonderful!  It was the perfect mix of casual and classy.  We tasted wines inside in the bar area and it was nice.  The food was outside under the large gazebo.  It would be perfect for a small wedding.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards