New York-Western
Options

Make up?

Are any of you getting your make up done the day of your wedding? If so, who are you using as your make up artist? I looked into one girl so far but she seemed a little pricey. $45 for a trial and $70 for the day of the wedding (plus $10 for lashes). I just feel like that's kind of pricey. Correct me if I'm wrong! Maybe that's the going rate? Anyone who has any info on the subject please help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Make up?

• Options
    StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at a few different makeup artists before booking mine, and the average cost for airbrush makeup with a trial run was between $115-$150. I find that those who do hair as well offer a pretty big discount when you book both together.

If airbrush makeup isn't important to you, I know there are a couple artists in the Buffalo area who don't use airbrushing and it is much cheaper.

Good luck! I also highly recommend Glam On Location!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mine is about 45 for trial and same amount for day of. It is airbrush makeup, and they are also doing my hair in addition and eyelashes. Eyelashes are 10. Liz Dugan at Teez Salon in Buffalo/Kenmore. I recommend her!

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my makeup done at the same salon that did my hair. I believe it was $18. They did a great job. They also did my whole wedding party and mom makeup too.

Head of The Class, Clarence, NY
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    snooks721snooks721 member
    edited December 2011
    I am going to my regular hair dresser to get my hair done. However, they don't do make up there which is why I'm looking for a make up artist. So I'm looking for someone in the East Amherst area or someone that will be willing to come to my house or to the salon. Air brushing is not too important to me. To be honest, I'm not even really familiar with air brushing. What is the difference?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    StephyD216StephyD216 member
    edited December 2011
    Air brushing gives you more of a flawless finish, its what a lot of celebrities wear. It doesn't run and is longer lasting than regular makeup.

I know Makeup By Holly doesn't use airbrushing, so she's a lot more inexpensive.

http://www.makeupbyhollym.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holly is actually the one girl I looked into. $70 just seemed a little pricey to me, but maybe it's not? I just wanted a comparison. Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went w/ Glam on Location b/c I did want airbrush makeup and she was highly recommended. It'll be around $190 for a trial and day for both hair and makeup. If you don't feel like airbrush makeup is super important, I agree w/ PPs, you can save a lot of money that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I just got a quote from Glam On Location. It was more than what the first girl quoted me. So I'm gonna keep looking. Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glam on location just had a special on packages where the airbrush portion was free - so I am paying $155 for airbrush make up, lashes and hair, including both hair and makeup trial.  And she comes to your location which was definitely a big plus to me.  Not sure if the "special" is over but maybe she will run it again...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the $155 is what she quoted me too. I don't need my hair done though. The $155 about $40 more than what I was quoted by someone else so I don't think I will go with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liz Dugan from Teez Salon will travel to you... airbrush if you want or regular if you want.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snooks, I PMed you.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options

I used Glam On Location and they were really good.  I would tell anyone to use Heather.  I dont know if I misread this post or not, but they have the same prices all the time.  They are right in black and white on thier website.  I know they offered a special(saw it on facebook) for $155 package including hair and makeup.  But that was only for 24 hours. 
    I have terrible skin, and the airbrush was flawless.  I have never looked so good in pictures before.  The only down side was that it took me 2 showers to get it off! 
    I have a friend who went to A Head of Class in Williamsville and they were great for her, but it was just regular makeup.
    Either way, research the difference.  Airbrush is really worth the extra money.  As for the lashes being and extra $10, that is only for bridesmaids. Lashes were included in all her packages.  I just rechecked the website, and it still seems to be.
    Good Luck to everyone.  It goes by so quickly!  Eat cake!  hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards