Ohio-Toledo
Options

Officiant Help!!!

I'm a former knotie, helping my sister in law plan a vow renewal. She lives in Seattle, and her and her husband had a court house ceremony when they got married. Now their 5 year anniversary is coming up and they want to do a vow renewal ceremony so they can have their "wedding" and reception they never had. This whole process is fun, but stressful in a different way than the typical bridal stress i went through planning my own, because now.. i'm planning this whole thing for someone else, down to every last detail.

The problem I'm running into is the officiant. my brother in law does not want anyone tied to a church of any kind, so I need to find an officiant that does non-religious ceremonies. The ones that i HAVE found, are pretty pricey for an officiant in my mind. Anyone out there know of where to call? HELP!!!

Re: Officiant Help!!!

• Options
    futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you looking for an officiant here in toledo? if so, you can check out Wedding Bells are Ringing. 
    she does non-denominational ceremonies and has different price ranges.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashlizbrownashlizbrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, here in toledo. i've suggested them, but the lady that does the weddings is a reverend and i dont think my brother in law will go for that. plus the lowest package is $150, and it's another $100 for the rehearsal, and they only have room for $60-$100 in their budget for an officiant
  • Options
    futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh okay. well then my best advice is to keep searching the boards. i've come across a few names such as Joyce Kachenmeister, Teresa Marie, and Sandra Frost (http://www.revsandrafrost.com/). i dont know anything about them but its worth looking into. i've been struggling to find an officiant as well. when i first started planning i had no clue i had to hire an officiant along with everything else, and then the price you pay some of them is ridiculous! lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joyce Kachenmeister did our wedding this past weekend and she is completely AMAZING!!!

She allowed us to create our own ceremony to make it personal for the two of us! We did have a blessing/prayer but that was our choice - the rest of the ceremony was a civil/non-secular.

Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards