Registry and Gift Forum
Options

money instead of gifts

What is the etiquette for requesting money instead of registering for gifts?  Between the two of us, my finacee and I already have most things, and in addition, we will be moving to Germany a few months after the wedding.  Plus, most of the guests will be from out of town.  So, how do you request money instead of gifts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: money instead of gifts

• Options
    I would register for a few upgrades, and hope that people would understand that you would rather money instead.  However, if you don't register you can end up with really random gifts from certain people.  But asking for money is considered rude and most people will be offended by it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto everyone else.

No no no no no.

• Options
    Maybe you would like to have wedding card boxes on your wedding reception.

This is where most guests place or drop their money gifts and gift cards.

Sample pictures.  These wedding card boxes can now be customized with your color theme.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_money-instead-of-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:58708314-7104-4309-b095-236c5225343cPost:e898d687-24d1-4b5f-a9e9-78b953270c7a">money instead of gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the etiquette for requesting money instead of registering for gifts?  Between the two of us, my finacee and I already have most things, and in addition, we will be moving to Germany a few months after the wedding.  Plus, most of the guests will be from out of town.  So, how do you request money instead of gifts?
    Posted by smwiggle[/QUOTE]

Like others said, you can't.  You can try and have your family spread it word of mouth.  Or you could register somewhere where you can return for cash!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards