Texas-San Antonio
Options

Buying w/o trying?

I cannot believe I am even thinking of this but I absolutely love this one dress (Essense of Australia DJ1275) and I cannot find a place that sells it nor can I find a dress that is similar. Most are mermaids and I do not want that style. I compare every dress I look at to this one dress (horrible, I know).

I know dresses are different once you try them on, but I have tried on a ton of dresses and this one seams to incorporate all the things I like into one. How crazy would it be to go to my bridal salon, have measurements done, then just order it?? I think I am answering my own question, as I was wincing while typing that question.

Anyone know of a dress similar? I've been searching FOREVER. Any other advice?

Thanks all!! Smile

Re: Buying w/o trying?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you try on a dress that is similar?
  • Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out mayfair bridal!!! they'll order the dress for you for $100 bucks and if you decide to go with it it will be towards your wedding dress..if not..its 100 bucks. sounds risky but if you REALLY feel this is your dress...most likely you'll pick it and the 100 won't go to waste :) good luck!

• Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was it 1257 or 1275? I couldn't find anything on the site with 1275, but the 1257 one is really pretty. The top is really flattering with the ruching and it's a super great cut for any shape (A-line.) If it's 1257, I would say try on a ruched dress, like Davids Bridal V3204 and then try on a ruffled skirt one like Davids bridal SWG354 and look at how those elements look on you. You can take pics there and then upload them onto your comp and cut and paste them together. I seriously did this because I'm about to order a dress that I've never seen in person either and it makes it a little easier! HTH!
  • Options
    rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, goodness, yes it is 1257! Sorry about that :)

Thank you for your input, I will definitely look into both salons. I just love this dress, I may just go for it :)

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say this is really common.  Just find a similar shape in your size and try on (shape and neckline).  It will give you a solid idea.  I have no clue how mine will look b/c the sample was two sizes too small so when i tried it on i looked like a stuffed sausage!!!  not pleasant to look at at all, but i could at least get an idea of what the shape on me would be when it fit. still crossing my fingers because the dress doesn't come in for another few months!

it should be very easy to find an a-line gown with sweetheart neckline to try on...that's one of the most popular shapes.  david's bridal will have a ton (just say you're looking for a-line with sweetheart and don't let on that you don't plan on planning one there) and the best part about them is they carry every dress in every size, so you'll get the Best idea of what to expect.  

i also noticed that dress looks a LOT  like paloma blanca 4166 if you can find a retailer near you.  just try it on with a short sleeve bolero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards