Favors

edible treat for welcome bags

We are doing welcome bags for out guests for our out of town wedding, what can we put in the there?

I  was thinking some homemade smores trail mix, but im open to other options!

Re: edible treat for welcome bags

• I'm a big fan of chex mix (homemade in the oven!). And maybe something sweet to go with it. Breath mints or gum? haha

I've seen other ideas to include water, painkillers, etc.

You could also include a list of places in the area to check out - favorite coffeeshop or restaurant, historical places, farmer's market or something. If the guest is not in the wedding, they'll have some time to kill.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • For NE Ohio - buckeyes.  Great Lakes Beer.

We had Philly pretzels and beer in our OOT bags along with  brochures for the city a welcome letter and a list of restaurants that we personally recommended.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Daughter and SIL put in snacks/treats that represented them....trail mix, puppy chow, mints, gum, coffee, pita chips....all their favorite things or things they were "known" for amongst friends and family

They also included a "Hang-over Helper" kit that included water, 7-Up, saltines, Tums, Pepto Bismal, and pain reliever.

A relative put in snacks and treats specific to the area where the wedding was held.  It was a Wisconsin wedding, and it had cheese snacks, among other things.

Simple snack foods or quick morning/breakfast foods such as granola bars are also common/popular.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_edible-treat-for-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:518108df-c936-462b-b14a-3934d6b23f74Post:d39a3d8a-485c-4d32-9194-c876bdff0d54">Re: edible treat for welcome bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Skip the meds. Most travelers bring that stuff with them, so it's a waste. Sink your money into the TREATS. Chocolate bars? Salt water taffy? Honey-roasted peanuts? Maple sugar candy? What's popular locally? Is there a "signature" local treat?
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Im trying to find whats a popular treat for las vegas...i have no idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards