New York-Hudson Valley

Save the Dates?

What is a reasonable price for save the dates?  And do you include the city you are having the ceremony or reception in on them?

Re: Save the Dates?

• edited December 2011
    Our's just said "our day is fast approaching & we can hardly wait.we want you to be with us,so be sure to save the date September 13,2009"
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what's considered reasonable. I got them from Vistaprint for free and just paid shipping ($50 total) . I just put the date and formal invitation to follow
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine on Shutterfly and they were around 45 dollars for 120.  I didn't put the location on them but I did include a card that had our website on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $230 75 had pics 25 just had  non pics but w/ the basic info. I

ordered thru Magnet Street. I found them to be very helpful and courteous. However the magnet I specifically chose because of part of the wording on it (which I loved) came out on the pdf but was not legible on the magnet when I received my order :( 
    I had to send them out...So I called them to expressed my disappointment explained that it was the whole reason I chose the magnet....so they gave me 40% off the price...well 10% at the get go when I ordered and 30% because it didn't come out the way I wanted.  Also, they were able to print out my addresses along w/ my return address which was huge for me. I don't have a lot of time and it saved me the hassel of addresssing them which I soooooo loved.  So there's my expereince.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ours were free from vistaprint, we just paid shipping. Ours had the ceremony location on them, but on the website we included information about both the ceremony and reception.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    How do you get them for free on Vista Print?  I'm seeing price lists.
  • edited December 2011

We paid around $100 for our 75 save the dates. We listed the town on the front and included hotel info on back. (Our ceremony and reception happened to be in the same city, so we just listed the town) 

• edited December 2011

we paid like 30 something for 100 maybe, off Vistaprint.  Ours had our monogram with Christine and Jason are getting married May 21st, 2010.  Formal Invitation to follow

• edited December 2011
    We paid about the same as ChrisnJay from Vistaprint.  It had our names, the date, and the city (in case people were coming from out of town, they can book flights if needed).
  • edited December 2011
    I paid about $100 for mine. I got mine at Forever Favors. I like  to see them in person rather than buy them on-line. 

I included just the date on the actual save the date and then included in the envelope I had the hotel info.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_save-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:904f9163-0ea9-4fde-960c-764dc840f344Post:7b221d5b-9332-4c31-a777-e5f1be04f04f">Re: Save the Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you get them for free on Vista Print?  I'm seeing price lists.
    Posted by katiemac101[/QUOTE]

Sign up to get their emails. They will send you tons of free and 1cent deals! (Like three or more a week, lots of girls use their free postcard or free business card offers for their save the dates)

But just so you know, usually the free offers has limited designs. We got our photo share cards from vista print. Went to the site through one o the free business cards email I got. I did not like the selection of what the designs were for free. so I spent about $25 to get a design I liked. (Got 200 double sided cards. So, not a bad deal) But wanted you to be aware of that.

Good luck!
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those of you who got magnets on Vista Print, did you get the large or small ones?  If you got the large, where did you get your envelopes and what did you pay? Vista Print has envelopes but they seem expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_save-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:904f9163-0ea9-4fde-960c-764dc840f344Post:6717f0ec-ec48-48e1-b223-8baba469821f">Re: Save the Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those of you who got magnets on Vista Print, did you get the large or small ones?  If you got the large, where did you get your envelopes and what did you pay? Vista Print has envelopes but they seem expensive.
    Posted by wdubin122[/QUOTE]

we got the smaller ones like business card size. I was able to find super cheap thank you cards on clearance at AC Moore, bought those and just used the envelopes, it was cheaper than ordering envelopes to git the exact size of the magnet.
  • edited December 2011
    Great advice, thanks!
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got the larger magnets from VP. Our envelopes were from paperandmore.com
    imageimageimage
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristin, what size envelope did you order?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards