Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Officiant for York Wedding

Ok so i'm a little upset. I always thought growing up that the pastor at my church (lutheran church) would marry me when the time came. Well now that it has I was given a list of guidelines that much be followed and completed in order for the pastor to marry me. One big one I disagree with and honestly can't afford is My FI and I must go see a license family phycologist and provide proof of 5 visits plus have 3 sessions with the pastor. Anyway, the going to a proffesional is not in the budget and is not happening so now i need to find an officiant for my wedding.

I was given a few names, Rob Green, Jo Rousey and Kay Woods. Does anyone know anything about these people? Or does anyone have any suggestions of someone to us? We really want something simple, short in length.

Thanks!

Re: Officiant for York Wedding

• Options
    Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved our officiant, Jo-An Glasse. She lives in Lancaster but performed our wedding in Hallam. Info is in my bio.

Have you spoken with your family pastor about your monetary limitations? Especially with the economic situation as it is, he might understand and be willing to be a little flexible.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Chris Rodkey from Lebanon but he is traveling past York to Gettysburg for our wedding. He doesn''t mind tayloring the ceremony to your liking, including making it short. If you email me, jolenenh@hotmail I can provide his contact information.
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Turns out my mom knows Rob Green (they worked together for a few years) so I gave him a call and decided to go with him. He seems very nice.

I feel so much better to have this off my list.

Thanks again for your replies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards