Massachusetts-Cape Cod

new to the board! :)

Hello girls! My name is Sam (short for Samantha) and my FI Kyle and just recently decided to marry in Cape Cod! It's been a bumpy road in the wedding process .. we had to other weddings in the making .. 1st one was going to be a wedding of 130 guests here in Tennessee where we both live, but the cost became too much for us to keep putting aside money for. Then, we booked a 2 week "weddingmoon" at a Couples resort in Jamaica, and we were going to get married there, just the 2 of us. Well, Kyle got a new job and we found out that he will not be allowed to take off for the whole time we needed and if he left, he would be terminated .. so we had to cancel and get our refund. SO! Here we are, pretty much starting from scratch again.

To tell you a little about us, I'm 21 and Kyle is about to be 21 himself. We are young, we get that a lot, and we are a-okay with it. We both work full time, he has a factory manager, and I has a supervisor over a crisis hotline. I am currently finishing my last semester in college as a psych major and sociology minor. I''m going to continue on to doctoral school for my PhD in clinical psych. :) Kyle and I have been together for 3.5 years (tomorrow is our anniversary, actually) and we are so happy together .. at least, I know I am ;).

We came to the decision of Cape Cod because I myself, gorwing up in Westchester, NY, vacationed there pretty frequently. My granparents moved there to East Harwich when they retired, and my mother has been up there too now for about 10 years. When I told her about what happened with wedding plans #2, she suggested we do a small wedding up there. She does know a lot of people there, so we could be helped out a lot financially... plus, Kyle loved it up there when I took him. It just made sense. :) So far, nothing is is done in preparation for this wedding except for the fact that I have my dress lol.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I spent a good amount of time at the destination wedding board, and met a lot of good people there, and gained a lot of help and support. I'm excited to get that here as well, and provide that too. If you have any advice on how to kickstart this planning or what helped you find your place, feel free to share because I am clueless! Haha. I'm going up there Oct 16, so I'm hoping to get things rolling then .. we'd like to get married in June. :)

See ya around! Nice to meet you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: new to the board! :)

• edited December 2011
    Welcome :) 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! 

Are you looking for June 2011?  If so, you may have a hard time finding a place that's not already booked.  But if you're willing to wait until 2012 or maybe even September, you will probably have better luck.

If you need any suggestions, definitely ask around here, lots of knowledgeable ladies willing to help!
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!!
    what kind of wedding are you looking to have..any ideas on where you were thinking of getting married?
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! My fiance and I are looking for June 2011 too :) and although we're a little late to the game, we've found some reasonable options (and are still deciding). One thing that we've considered is a Sunday wedding, which has opened up even more options.

Good luck as you begin the process and I'm happy to help if possible!
  • snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_new-board-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:941a9cee-ba1d-4106-a8eb-4deb6cbec2c0Post:023795b1-5dc7-4def-a05f-60e52d5d30a1">Re: new to the board! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! My fiance and I are looking for June 2011 too :) and although we're a little late to the game, we've found some reasonable options (and are still deciding). One thing that we've considered is a Sunday wedding, which has opened up even more options. Good luck as you begin the process and I'm happy to help if possible!
    Posted by GBroc22[/QUOTE]

I started looking around on the boards last night and found that a Sunday wedding would be a great idea for us, based on availablity and costs! We have found one venue that we like .. where are you looking at?? How's the planning going? It's nice to see someone else getting a late start - gives me hope that we can still have our wedding! :)
  • pandabutt16pandabutt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, we've been looking everywhere! Private residences, anything that offers outdoor space and by the water.  We keep thinking we've found it, and then it's either booked, or we realize there's something not quite perfect about it!

We're getting a bit frustrated, but not giving up :) How's it going for you? Any leads?
  • snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_new-board-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:941a9cee-ba1d-4106-a8eb-4deb6cbec2c0Post:bdcb2446-32a0-4ca7-b8ef-8dcd74d61a5d">Re: new to the board! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, we've been looking everywhere! Private residences, anything that offers outdoor space and by the water.  We keep thinking we've found it, and then it's either booked, or we realize there's something not quite perfect about it! We're getting a bit frustrated, but not giving up :) How's it going for you? Any leads?
    Posted by GBroc22[/QUOTE]

Aw man, sorry to hear that! But, it's good you're not giving up. I found Old Sea Pines Inn which is a B&B in Brewster .. the pics and prices look really great. However, it's hard to make a call like that when you're 1k miles away haha. I'm hopinh to find 2 more other places we can look at when I go to visit my mom up there in 2 weeks, so that way we have options because we definitly need to book something when I'm there. I wish we could do something by the water but those places are so expensive!!! I'd rather everyone just eat good food! Hahah. Keep me posted girl!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards