DC

Vendor Reviews 2/26/11

kat016kat016 member
First Comment
Wedding Planning: Voila! Event Studio
I hired Tyler to be a Day of Coordinator when I realized I was in over my head about 4 months before my wedding. It was the absolute by far the best decision I made (besides saying yes to my fiance). From Day 1 after I hired her, Tyler acted more like a full wedding planner than a DOC. She did all I asked and so much more: one of many examples- I gave her zero direction on how I wanted the decorations/reception venue to be set up. She took all the little things I had packed for her to use and transformed the reception space into something that fit my personality 100%. She made the reception flow smoothly and transitioned my 120 guests between two floors seamlessly. Definitely hire Tyler and you won't regret it!

Caterer: Fusions Cuisine
Blaise and Jim were such a pleasure to work with during my wedding. They strive to produce great food and it definitely shows. Fusions Cuisine was able to create that home-cooked style I was looking for when I was searching for my caterer. Their food doesn't taste mass-produced and everything was done in the utmost professional fashion. Blaise was also instrumental in helping me work with a more challenging venue. We chose to have a 2 floor reception which would have made most caterers grumpy, but Blaise helped the wedding move wonderfully. Blaise was also concerned about my unusually long reception: 8 hours, but she ran with it and made the entire thing work with our budget. The waitstaff was also the best I have ever seen at a wedding. They made sure the entire venue was spotless the whole night and that the guests were comfortable. Best of all, my wedding guests are still raving about the food even weeks after our wedding.

Photography: Mike Lesnick Photography
Mike is the best photographer! He captured our wedding in crisp, bright pictures that is so refreshing. His best asset besides the photos, however, is his personality. He remained calm and fun throughout the entire planning process even when I changed my mind a million times. On the wedding day, he kept the entire bridal party laughing and relaxed. Mike works very unobtrusively so that he doesn't impede with the wedding and just lets things flow naturally. He was absolutely wonderful to work with!

Leo Druker Photography
Leo was the second shooter for my wedding, but he was so much more than that. He did an absolute amazing job. He has a unique artistic eye that captured our wedding so beautifully. I didn't even think it was possible to capture all the emotions in pictures. My husband is slightly camera shy, but after spending a morning with Leo taking pictures of him and the groomsmen getting ready, he was completely comfortable. Thanks Leo for taking such amazing pictures of us!

Abby Grace Photography
Abby was the third shooter for our wedding and she was so much fun! Her pictures are the perfect balance between Mike's and Leo's and she was very creative. She was extremely enthusiastic and kept us laughing the entire day.

Currie FitzHugh Photography
Currie came to take pictures at our reception hall and she was snapping away the entire night. She captured every single moment of our reception and produced unbelieveable shots. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors and was very professional.

Reception venue: Old Town Fairfax City Hall
This reception venue is extremely unique and located right in Old Town Fairfax. It was the most awesome place to hold our reception. It's got a great charm to the entire place. They are very flexible and allow you to bring in any vendors you want. You can even do your own catering! Laura, the coordinator, is a wonderful person to work with and is very responsive. She does a great job of accommodating you. Best of all, the pricing is very reasonable.

Groomscake: Indigo Pineapple
Indigo Pineapple made a wonderful groom's cake for our wedding. We asked her for a Powerbar cake and she made one so realistic looking that some guests didn't even know it was a cake. The best part though was the cake itself! It was by far the most delicious cake I've tasted at a wedding. I even ordered a birthday cake from her a little after the wedding because I loved her cake so much. Junnie is very responsive and a great vendor!

DJ: Dreamday DJs
DJ Jake was phenomenal! He kept the entire wedding running smoothly. His preparation for the event was impressive. Instead of just introducing the wedding party by name, he gave funny introductions for each person. Our wedding guests are still talking about how much fun it was to hear the different stories about our bridesmaids and groomsmen. He makes everything very easy for the bride and groom. Best of all, his music selection is impeccable. He had the dancefloor going from 5pm to midnight! My calves were still sore 3 days after the wedding from all the dancing I did! DJ Jake is awesome!

Alterations: Angie Cavallaro
Angie was by far the nicest person to work with during my wedding. She did an amazing job altering my dress. The French bustle she made for me was beautiful and I loved how I felt in my dress. All the raves about Angie are completely true!

Videography: Woody FitzHugh
Contact- wfitzhugh @ aol com
Woody did a great job with our videography and has very reasonable pricing! He worked with a difficult ceremony venue (a Catholic Church with very strict guidelines) and made a beautiful video of our wedding. He also took the time to make a personal interview session with my groom and me. He dedicates himself 150% to the final product and makes sure the couple is happy with their video. We look forward to sharing our memories with our kids and grandkids!

Rings/Jewelry: Quest Fine Jewelry
Quest did an amazing job with my engagement ring and then our wedding rings. They worked with my husband to design a custom engagment ring and then designed matching wedding bands for us. They are very professional and make fabulous jewelry. An added bonus, you can get free cleanings for life so your rings are always shiny!

Thanks for reading my REALLY long post, but I absolutely loved working with all my vendors. If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll get back to you!

Re: Vendor Reviews 2/26/11

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sounds like you have a very lovely day.  Congratulations to you both!!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kdecknickdecknic member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering what Catholic church you got married at since your reception was in old town fairfax, we are getting married at Saint Leo's which is right down the street from that.
  • kat016kat016 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Queen of Apostles in Alexandria. The drive was a little longer than we would have liked, but that's where we're registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards