Virginia
Options

Reception Dinner for 20

We will be having a destination wedding on the Beach by the boardwalk and I need to know a place to go to have dinner afterwards.  I would prefer that they had music or a band playing.  But we will be getting married on a Wed or Thursday in June. We will only have approx 20 people with us, so we don't want to rent a reception hall or anything.  Any budget friendly ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Reception Dinner for 20

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I don't know if your wedding is formal or casual but if its more casual then you might consider Chester's Upper Deck. They are a local restaurant that serves local seafood real good for real cheap and always ahas swing or shag bands.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Great!  It is more casual, I will have to check out that place!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to assume you are talking about VA Beach, since you said boardwalk, but I don't really know.  I would google and check out local band schedules if you are looking for something with a live band.  Jessie Chong is really really good and fun, Hotcakes for more dancing, also the Janitors are another option.  Weds are really good days during the summer if you want to hear a live band at the oceanfront.  Hope you find what you are looking for.  Another suggestion I would give you is to look at getting married on the beach in Sandbridge, there is a great place down their called the Baja, they have live bands a lot, a very relaxed and fun atmosphere, they have places to eat both inside and outside on the bay (wonderful sunset).  Just in case you look for it online, there is a sit down restaurant in the front and then the bar and more tables and outdoor area are in the back building.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards