Students
Options

Not Wedding Related- Tablets/ Laptops for school use.

I am looking at the Samsung Note Tablet. So first I wanted to ask if anyone had expeirence with this? Did you like it? If not or so, what did you love/ hate about it. If anyone else has a laptop or tablet they love and it didn't cost an arm and a leg please share. Thank you!
Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)

Re: Not Wedding Related- Tablets/ Laptops for school use.

• Options
    I'm biased because I've never owned or used a tablet, but for school purposes I would always want to have a laptop. Won't it be difficult (if not impossible) to write papers and assignments on a tablet? And if you would have to attach a separate keyboard to do that anyways, why not just have a laptop that comes with a keyboard?
  • Options
    I have a Macbook Pro.  I love it and it was definitely worth the money.  It's lasted me almost 3 years now and is still in great shape!  It's a little bit more expensive but it was worth it.

I agree that you'll want a laptop rather than a notebook for your school stuff.  My school requires you to have a laptop, a notebook alone isn't enough.  I mean you can have both, but everyone has a laptop.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    It really depends on what school you are talking about. I'm a med student and a large number of my classmates use tablets during lectures. I am old fashioned and still print out all of our lectures (I'm sure there was an entire forest in Brazil that is now filling all my binders waiting for board studying to begin). One thing to consider is programs that are compatible. I don't know anything about the Samsung but a lot of my friends have Ipads and they can't change the formatting of powerpoints so if the doc puts a big picture in the slide that he animates in to cover all the words they have nothing but the picture. (OK its hard to explain what I'm talking about but basically if you have profs that don't know how to properly format a ppt its a PTA to use an apple product that won't let you change it at all.  I was thinking about getting a tablet and one of my friends who has one told me if she hadn't gotten hers as a hand me down from her sister she wouldn't spend the money on it.

Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My laptop is 17'' so I really don't want to lug it around school. I use my IPAD to take notes in fast pased classes like anatomy. I have a wireless keyboard and with the app, I am able to send my notes to my email to print them out at home. I got a refurbished one for $200 at Walmart. I now use it for everything! To check my email, to play games, shopping, or just if I want to watch a movie in bed.
  • Options
    I have both a MacBook and and iPad that I use for school. During class i use the ipad I have an app that I can use a stylus and write just like i would on paper. After class I sync my ipad to the laptop and have the notes in a word doc. This is just what works for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards