Favors

Yay or Nay??

http://thingsfestive.weddingstar.com/product/classic-gumball-machine-in-black

What do you all think of these for favors? I fell in love when I first saw them but am wondering how other people may feel? Thanks!

Re: Yay or Nay??

• edited December 2011
    I think they are cute, but I'd get all the gum out and then throw it away. So if you're fine with that, I say go for it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    super cute i love them!
  • edited December 2011
    like pp... once the gum is gone... so is the "machine". but its a super cute idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I might actually keep this on one my desk in my office and kids would probably love it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like it a lot! It's cute. I'd give it to a kid after it was done, or refill it for DH since he's a gum freak.
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a cute idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • cakegirl.73cakegirl.73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are really cute!

but I also don't know if I would keep it after the gum is gone.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm okay with the idea of people eating the gum and then tossing it. Hey, at least they enjoyed the gum! And even if 25% of people hold onto it because it's cute and resuable, well then wonderful!

Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a very cute and fun idea. I personally would keep it and re-use it for something.

Our wedding favors were plastic goblets that we filled with M&M's in our wedding colors. I am sure a lot of people threw them away, but I also know a lot of people that definitely wanted to keep them and really liked them.

I say it is your wedding, do what you want. Afterall, you can't please everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! I think its super creative and really cute!!!!!!
  • future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen those before and thought they were super cute and fun.  I think people would keep them just because of that.  I say go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're a great idea.  I'd definitely keep it and refill it after the gum ran out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards