Florida-West Coast
Options

Flowers and getting started on DIY

So after 5 months of insisting I would do my own flowers and agonizing over my choices, I finally decided, you know what? This is stupid. I'm booking a florist. I do not want to have to worry about when they'll get here, if they'll be nice, how to keep them perky, how to transport them, blah. I crunched some numbers and it's totally doable, so I'm talking with Fishhawk Weddings and I'm super excited! Collette sent me some pictures and flower ideas and now I'm stoked because I'm sure they can do something I wouldn't have even thought of, and still for a pretty great price. So that's a big relief. I collected like 80 antique bottles over the past few months, too, and they can totally work with that and want the bottles in advance so they can arrange in them and transport them. So, yeah. Take them off my hands, please!

And I've been DIY'ing this week, spray painting picture frames for the table numbers (they look soooo good!), spray painting wooden numbers, getting ready to frame charcoal gray paper and glue the numbers on there, and also spray painting frames for directional signs and the buffet menu, and starting the chalkboard painting. I feel so accomplished!

Re: Flowers and getting started on DIY

• Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you made a fantastic choice with Fishhawk.  I've seen their work which is phenomenal and their pricing is great.
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Go you! Post pics of your DIY projects when you can
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good for you - you sound very motivated. =O) There should be a "like" button on here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bella3609bella3609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I would like a like button. I will definitely post pics soon! FI took the camera this weekend, but by the time he gets back I should have a bunch of things "almost done." :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards