Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?

I went to Yankee Candle to buy their Wedding Day candle for my FSIL yesterday and changed my mind when I saw that they branded them all with "William and Katherine".

I think this is a huge marketing mistake.  What's your opinion?
Photobucket

Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?

• edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't buy a wedding day candle to begin with...

But I would bet they did it to get people to buy the candle who are not getting married at the moment if that makes sense.  In which case it does make sense as it would attract more people to the candle.  
  • edited December 2011
    You wouldn't believe the stuff they are selling here BTW.  
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I just don't see the need to have a wedding day candle unless you're celebrating your own wedding.

I see what you're saying though, I guess it's a keepsake of this royal wedding but that wouldn't make me want to buy it.  If they want more people to buy it, they should make it smell more like flowers and less like baby powder IMO.

I can only imagine the money they're making over there with wedding keepsakes lol.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

We have a good deal going on TBH.  The Olympics timetable came out last week, the wedding invites went out, the Queen's jubilee is next June, the Duke of Edinburgh 90th is this June.  Very busy!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahahahahaha
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's a wedding day candle?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_yankee-wedding-candle-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aefbc071-db3b-48cc-83e5-a1b6429f0ca6Post:f809b684-65d0-4247-9f85-c3722942c538">Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a wedding day candle?
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE] a scent by Yankee Candle.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, hahahaha.  The way everyone was saying it, it sounded like a "thing".  Like a candle you're supposed to burn on your wedding day for good luck or some other tradition that I had never heard of.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_yankee-wedding-candle-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aefbc071-db3b-48cc-83e5-a1b6429f0ca6Post:054696ea-a874-4039-accf-952bcf0a0635">Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh, hahahaha.  The way everyone was saying it, it sounded like a "thing".  Like a candle you're supposed to burn on your wedding day for good luck or some other tradition that I had never heard of.
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE]

<div>I think some people may burn them on their day.  Maybe.  Anyway I think the whole thing is weird.  The more I think about, whey should I use a "wedding day" scent b/c you tell me it's a wedding scent?  I'm thinking I would want something I like.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    It is just a candle from Yankee... just like any other scent, but Wedding Day is this ones name. I suppose some people might burn it while getting ready. I don't mind the idea. If I like it I would burn it. I have never smelled it though.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is America.

Nuff said.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine as a gift and burnt it in my living room the morning of the wedding.  It was just pretty.  I had other scents going in the kitchen, bedroom...it was just something I thought was a nice gift that I know I appreciated and thought it was thoughtful of the giver.

I was shopping at the outlets, I would never pay the full price that Yankee asks for.  It's redic how much they charge for candles.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_yankee-wedding-candle-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aefbc071-db3b-48cc-83e5-a1b6429f0ca6Post:b481220c-4e08-4b9c-bcb9-7bc52690ae6f">Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is America. Nuff said.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE] I don't get why we care SO MUCH about what they do over there... they are getting married.... wow. haha. I mean I will want to see her dress but I won't watch it ALL DAMN DAY like some people will. 

And  Stacy, I won't ever pay full price for a candle. I get many of mine at the Yankee candle outlet store in Limerick, or I get candles at walmart! My fav scent is the blue one, the ocean scent or whatever it is. Smells so good and is SO cheap!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were out at limerick yesterday :)  The electricity was out though when we got there from the wind so we spent 4 hours at Sly Fox (which included a brewery tour, we weren't drinking the whole time lol).  Then we went back to the outlets once they opened up again.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Should have called me! I live like 15 mins from there!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha, when we go out there, I just say we in the middle of nowhere.  Once we pass Belmont on 76, I have no clue where I am anymore lol.  Now I know for next time!  I think I'd be broke if I lived near there.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I was in the yankee candle outlet yesterday in Rehoboth. I saw the candles... ridiculous.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I do kinda live in the 'middle of nowhere' haha
  • edited December 2011
    I like the wedding day candle.  Smells like money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_yankee-wedding-candle-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aefbc071-db3b-48cc-83e5-a1b6429f0ca6Post:a703de82-dc20-4bec-8382-929db9752c4a">Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the wedding day candle.  Smells like money.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE] LMAO!
  • lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_yankee-wedding-candle-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aefbc071-db3b-48cc-83e5-a1b6429f0ca6Post:56d8ff41-dd83-4f64-a23e-712b2a2c46fb">Re: Yankee Wedding Candle Opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I just don't see the need to have a wedding day candle unless you're celebrating your own wedding. I see what you're saying though, I guess it's a keepsake of this royal wedding but that wouldn't make me want to buy it.  If they want more people to buy it, they should make it smell more like flowers and less like baby powder IMO. I can only imagine the money they're making over there with wedding keepsakes lol.
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

Soo true! I think it smells horrible! My mom just gave it to me and I didn't have the heart to tell her. It's just a big strong scented for my taste!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I wasn't a fan of it at first, but now I actually like it.

I lit it the other night after we baked cod and it worked like I charm b/c I HATE the smell of fish after cooking.  It can linger forever.  I'm starting to like the candle more and more.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it would affect me buying the candle but personally the scent burns my nose! I will have to try it with the windows open!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, if its a strong scent it could make me get a really bad headache.... so I won't get one lol.
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend give me one b/c I guess it's a tradition to burn them, but the scent wasn't to my liking. I'm more of a lavendar kind of girl, and with some of the chaos of the day I definitely did not remember to bring it or burn it anywhere!

I lurve the Throne Up sick bag!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just think candles are pretty.  I had my windows and front door open the day of b/c of all the people in my tiny home made it hot.  I actually had it in the living room but had an autumn candle (which I LOVE) lit in the kitchen.  the smells didn't mix and I didn't notice the strength maybe b/c of the windows. 

I'm not a big fan of the scent but I liked having it.  I like the spicy smells like the fall and Christmas candles.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards