Military Brides

Sunday

Hey Ladies!

What is everyone up to today? 

It's raining here again, and I am at work until 6pm. I didn't sleep very well last night, but today has been a great day in spite of that. I washed and waxed and rainxed my car (inside a bay at work). It's been quiet. I'm doing some online shopping for some wedding night stuff :) I'm also trying to work on my to-do list (that means ceremony music, a reception must-play and don't play music list, must-have photo list and trying to find the rest of the decor I want). 

Are you ladies up to anything fun today? If Amanda is lurking, happy first day as a Mrs :) Hope you're enjoying your time with your H!

wedding1 Anniversary

Re: Sunday

• Hello :)

I am lounging around today, we cleaned out our fridge, and I am trying to figure out what I can do with some buttermilk that will expire this week! Ha ha! I am thinking I want to make pierogies for the first time today... We'll see how they turn out!
  • I'm so tired I got home from babysitting around 1:30 last night then the dogs woke me up at 7:00. Don't they know I needed to sleep in. I have school work to do today and orientation is tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sitting here, getting ready to clean, watching hockey. Sorry Penguin fans! 

I have forced fun on Friday for work, so at least its a short week since I won't be in the clinic that day. That's about all I have to look forward to haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ac718657-5f3d-4780-ae41-a60b96a41aa0Post:7af85a49-4fb4-433b-8ce8-75d8f669c515">Re: Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sitting here, getting ready to clean, watching hockey. Sorry Penguin fans!  I have forced fun on Friday for work, so at least its a short week since I won't be in the clinic that day. That's about all I have to look forward to haha
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>"forced fun" ???? What is that?! lol</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I'm cooking up a Greek storm, rain is still coming down here. I guess it's good cause we need it but I'm getting sick of it. Last night was so fun wth my girlfriends, I drank Prosecco all night and they got me a dessert with a little candle in it and all sang happy birthday to me! Very fun!! 
  • Its technically called "staff appreciation day",but its mandatory. They also make us play games, even if you don't want to. And make us go on teams that they organized. Sorry, if I want to have fun, I want to do it with people I'm comfortable with, not random people that I will see once a year (My job has about 6 different sites, so a lot of these people I don't see, except at these mandatory get togethers). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ac718657-5f3d-4780-ae41-a60b96a41aa0Post:877eddf8-5420-40f6-85b1-3bb42f38e393">Re: Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its technically called "staff appreciation day",but its mandatory. They also make us play games, even if you don't want to. And make us go on teams that they organized.<strong> Sorry, if I want to have fun, I want to do it with people I'm comfortable with</strong>, not random people that I will see once a year (My job has about 6 different sites, so a lot of these people I don't see, except at these mandatory get togethers). 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>okay, that's what I thought; hence I was really puzzled by the idea of mandatory fun. How can someone make fun "mandatory"? </div><div>
    </div><div>I hate stuff like that at work. We have "volunteer appreciation days" where all of the paid EMS providers have to host parties for the volunteers because "we are so glad they come help us"... yeah, last time I checked, no one made them be a volunteer. I don't see why we have to blow smoke up their tails for doing what THEY signed themselves up to do. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I wouldn't mind it so much if they at least let me spend time with the people I know.  I'm an adult and can choose my own friends and acquaintances, I don't need you to set me up with people to talk to. 
  • I hate forced fun. At my last job we had to do that and I could not stand 1/2 the people that I worked with. I have been cleaning like a mad man. I watched Say Yes to the Dress Bridesmaid edition when I was folding clothes. Some of those girls were just plain mean.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ac718657-5f3d-4780-ae41-a60b96a41aa0Post:5ac528ce-35e9-45c1-a850-d3c7847c8b54">Re:Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate forced fun. At my last job we had to do that and I could not stand 1/2 the people that I worked with. I have been cleaning like a mad man. <strong>I watched Say Yes to the Dress Bridesmaid edition when I was folding clothes. Some of those girls were just plain mean.</strong>
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

I was watching that this morning too.  I just want to slap some of those girls!
  • Yeah the one that said she would not commit to bring in the bridal party unless she liked the dress. I yelled at the tv...it is not about you. I just wanted to shake her friend the bride.
  • I'm here. I'm watching Army Wives. FI and I had a great day. We went shopping and got some WR stuff done. We got our toasting flutes/servers ordered (engraving will be done in a week). We also finished the tuxes (had to add the father's tuxes). I went to Sephora and got a makeup "lesson." I got a bunch of great products and I'm so excited to use them! I also got my mom some spices from a spice place she likes as a gift for hosting my shower this coming Saturday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards