Missouri-St Louis

STL Hair and Makeup

Hello STL Brides!! I am getting married in Forest Park and I am trying to find out if anyone has any reccomendations for hair and makeup. Our photographer will be there when we are getting ready, so it has to be somewhere that will allow them to come in and also who has the space for at least 6 people and the photo/video crew. My only request for makeup is that they have the abilty to do airbrush :)

Thanks!

Re: STL Hair and Makeup

• Alexa8011Alexa8011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely call Christina with Christina Studios. I have her booked for my wedding and just had my trial with her. First off, she does the airbrush makeup and will be coming to the hotel. She suggested some great colors for me and the trial turned out amazing! She books up quick though so, I would try to contact her soon! Her website is cstudiostl.com  Good luck!

• SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heads up: Christina is $250 minimum to book on location and she does not do in-studio on Saturdays. This may, unfortunately, not work for me because I don't think my bridesmaids will have their make-up done, and I think that's quite a bit for just one person.  But her website shows some really pretty work!!  Decisions, decisions.
  • cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My hair/make up person is Cascea Fahey. You can find her on facebook under Cascea with Vanity Studios. She's super nice and does great work. She did my friend's airbrush make up for her wedding last weekend and it looked great! I have no clue what her prices are for on location, but her regular in-studio prices for hair are great, and she's always running specials.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holly Speakes 636 724-0990 She is wonderful!!!  I just adore her as a person and as a stylist.  She will do hair and make up on location.  She is based out of St. Charles but serves the Metro-area.
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda Miller for make-up and I'm sure she could suggest some hair stylists.  She is AWESOME at make-up.  if you google her, i'm sure she will come up.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCCRARYSCOTTMCCRARYSCOTT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is the average cost for stylist to do brides hair? I was quoted $215 which would include a trial run. Is this high or about right?
    Photobucket
  • ashmady11123ashmady11123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Salon by Linda G in Chesterifield - http://www.weddingbook.com/wedding-venues/chesterfield-mo/salon-linda-g

Linda G came and brought Karen, her makeup lady.  They were on time (they traveled to my downtown hotel - it was a $50 travel fee, totally oK), reasonably priced and really nice.  Everyone was thrilled with their hair and make up. 
  • ashmady11123ashmady11123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's total highway robbery!!  I wouldn't pay more than $50-75 for each trial and final 'do.
  • MCCRARYSCOTTMCCRARYSCOTT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The last time i had an updo done was probably 10 years ago for High School prom and i remember it being like $60. I can see it being a little more like $100 for a bridal updo and maybe $50 for a trial or for them traveling to me, but still that would be like $150- $175 max, not $215. She said all the bridesmaids and mothers would be like $50 each, but me $215. Every penny of my wedding expenses are budgeted and i was planning a lot less.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks CGeithman!! Please check me out on Facebook under Cascea w/ Vanity Hair Studio. My partner and I do on location and In salon HAir and MAkeup and Airbrush MAkeup. Our Prices Beat everyone in St. Louis!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards