Students

Moving our date!

I haven't really done an intro thread but I've posted a bit on here, so hi!

FI and I traveled to my parents' place this weekend and while we were out and about, his dad called. From the beginning of our engagement, we knew FI's dad, who is a minister, would officiate our wedding. Come to find out, he accidentally heard our date wrong and booked a wedding on our date!

Luckily, nothing was set in stone, but my June 25, 2011 wedding is now July 9, 2011. With school, family birthdays and everything else to navigate around, it was the only day that worked. I loved my date, and I'm warming up to my new one, but FI loves it because it's 7/9/11 and he thinks that's cool :P

Sorry if this is a bit random! Any of y'all have to move things around because of school and life in general?

Re: Moving our date!

• When we were first planning I had my heart set on a September wedding date, but Fiance's best man( and vice versa) who was also recently engaged beat us to it. Since they were in Florida, and we were in Cali, we decided on October, to give everyone about a month of breathing room. In January, FI's best man called to let us know they were going with Valentine's Day instead!!! We had already booked our venue, and when I called to ask about changing the date, only September 11th was left, but things are working out, just hope it doesn't rain on our planned garden ceremony!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had to move mine! My fiance and I have been together for 6 years, and our "anniversary" is currently in the beginning of April. So, I thought it would be cute to keep it there, and planned an early April wedding. I'll still be in school though, and so will most of my cousins (who I'm very close with), so when I thought about what as more important to me, my family or a silly date, I changed it to June 1st, which I think sounds nice :) Plus, the weather where I live is very unpredictable in April (it could be snowing or 80*) and June is a little more stable for outdoor picture planning and such. 
    July 2013 Knotties June Siggy Challenge - Location, Location, Location!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Green Lantern Inn, in Beautiful Fairport, NY!
  • O but yes. I had to make sure tha I was not going to have class on the day i wanted to get married and pick a honeymoon that would allow me to be back in time for class on fri. I was initially upset because we wanted to go to aruba but now wea re just going to florida so we can be back in time.
  • I'm not a student, but my FI is - and we thought he was going to graduate sooner than he actually will be! We had to move our date from Jan '11 to Sept '11... but now it looks like it's not moving again. :)

If only he'd settle on an actual date rather than just the month...then we'd be set!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sure did! Was planning on marrying next summer but because of a change in my degree (which added a year on to my graduation date AHHHH) I'm postponing it til summer of 2012

I want to pull my hair out because I just wanna marry already but it's for the best!!!
  • We actually moved ours up a lot. He proposed this March, so we were planning to get married in a year after I graduate. We wanted May, but my mom was trying to get us to choose a date in June because apparently there are a lot of things planned in a year already (go figure). We jokenly said well fine we'll get married this August! We thought we were joking, but we thought about it and things are actually falling in place and the parentals are happy, we have an apartment in town near school and everything is working out! We're very happy. It will be interesting to be married during school, but we are so ready and looking forward to it!
  • thanks for this thread!

I had to move my date. FI and I were going to do May 14, 2011 because we wanted a spring wedding, and my sister got married in April (2008) so we wanted our "own" month per say. May 14 is also my mom's bday, and she was thrilled we wanted it!

I just graduated...but one day I was home from class and mom wanted to talk. My Aunt (who is picky and shouldnt really have a say...) wanted me to move my wedding to SUMMER because her kids/my cousins would be done with school. First off....summer in NC is usually SUPER hot and uncomfortable (for pics, etc) and FI is a golf pro, so summer is HORRIBLE for him. We had May 14 all set with the venue, church, caterer, etc. and had to call each one of them to see what we could do.

We couldnt do May 7, because one of my BM was gonna be in another wedding (that got called off after we moved the date) and we couldnt do March because in the Catholic church, it was during Lent, and you can't get married during Lent. Moving it up to May 21/28 would be worse. So finally April 30th was fine. Had to make tons of phone calls, but we got it moved. What another thing to do on top of school stress!

I just kept my mouth shut, but it was weird having non-immediate family members telling me what to do. In my opinion, its not THEIR job. They even joke about giving me a "better wedding present now" and what not. But April 30 is fine, our colors will still be fine, and NO I'm NOT moving it again!
  • Well I am facing this dilema right now. I am a student who planned on getting married in July of 11 but then my fiance is finishing school in a few months and will need to relocate for his job! I don't want to be away from him for a whole year so we are thinking of doing an early December wedding. Which is alot of time cut off not to mention I will be relocating my whole life at the same time to another state! But oh well we do crazy things for those we love.

Elisabeth
  • i think if you offically pick a date; you should stick with it. i mean in your case, it was an accident (and only a week or so after the initial date). my brother who is also planning his wedding, pushed his back from november 2010 to november 2011, then again to may 2011, he hasnt picked a exact date since i heard about the change, but im concerned that his wedding will conflict with mine (mine will also be in may 2011), most likely on memorial weekend. should i say something?
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards