Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Having a melt down.

Ladies I am so frustrated, overwhelmed, wanting to cry all the time. I can not wait until this whole stupid wedding planning process is over. I hate every minute of it, even thinking about planning anything anymore is makes me so stressed. Everyone is like awee wedding planning is the best. I wish i had half of that feeling. In my hometown you can have an amazing wedding for around 2 thousand and now I live in the sweltering heat and the average wedding cost is 10k. I can't even handle the THOUGHT of spending that much. 

I finally settled on 4k but even that budget is hard to even come close to. Then I keep looking and searching and keep getting let down and just get more and more frustrated. Then you book a big space and you have to pay more for a separate set up for the ceremony even though you just dropped 4k on the space and tables. I literally do not know what to do. 

We are getting married in 123 days, August 31st, I have already moved the date once and refuse to do it again, well can't, my family's plane tickets are booked, I would get married anywhere but the Antique wedding house or anywhere in AJ at this point.

Does anyone know of a open hall or open VFW or something like that, something air conditioned, REALLY cheap to rent for a few hours that comes with tables and chairs that I am able to decorate on my own??

Feeding and entertaining 100 people for a couple hours should never ever ever cost this much.

AND did I mention we don't have families helping, it is all us. I am sorry for freaking out, i am just so upset and getting married in Minnesota is not an option because his entire family (15 people in his immediate family) just can't afford the trip. 

Thank you and I am so sorry about the vent I am just overwhelmed. My dad lives in Minnesota as does my sister, my best friend decided not to be my best friend anymore and she also lives in Minnesota, Jeremy isn't a whole lot of help I have no mom.. Nothing. I am just at whits end. All I want is to be a bride, to have my daddy walk me down the aisle, people standing to watch me do that, marry my best friend and have our first dance. That's all I want. :(

Anniversary

Re: Having a melt down.

• Options
    Usually venues have dates like yours on sale because of the weather at that time of year. Have you tried pricing a morning wedding? That way you are only paying for brunch? And possible only do mimosas in terms of alcohol? Have you tried Noah's in Chandler? 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Also try stonebridge manor
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Deep breath, it will be okay! Finding a venue was the most stressful part of planning. After that, it gets better.
    I looked for months for an affordable option, as I, too, am on a budget (and my hometown is way cheaper too--every time I talked to my mom it was always "well, that would be a lot cheaper here"). In the end, the thing that made the most sense to me was to buy out a restaurant. They already have linens, tables, chairs, etc., and their own ambiance - all the decorating I have to do is a few simple centerpieces. Also, food at restaurants is generally so much cheaper than getting it catered, and there's no site fee. Give it some thought. I'm having my ceremony at a church, but if you don't plan on that, maybe you could find somewhere with a garden patio where they could clear out the tables for you.
    Good luck! I hope you find something you like!
  • Options
    Elope.  Then have the reception when all the out-of-towners are here.  (I know you probably won't actually do that, but it's still an option!)  (What's wrong with the Antique Wedding House?)
  • Options
    Its outside and I like antiques.. its just TOO antique for me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My brother and his wife had a super affordable wedding at The Farm at South Mountain and it was beautiful. They had the space on a Sunday mid-morning and then our mom whipped up some food for a modest buffet. I think they ended up spending around $4,000, but that was definitely thanks to my mom's generosity to cook for them. Do you have a family member (or several) who could help with that?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I know it's not helpful, but I'm confused how you have a date but no venue? Isn't that HOW you pick a date? At this point, I would find a friend with the largest backyard you can, and then call Heidi's Catering. They do great food at VERY reasonable prices. Cut back your guest list where you can (did you send out save-the-dates?).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Tre Bella in Mesa has amazing prices. They might work something out with you since it's in August. Is it possible to have it on August 30, which is a Thursday? You'll get a discount on that as well.
    Here's a list of their prices.
    http://www.trebellaaz.com/new-packages/

Chapel at the Farm is also really cheap. I have had friends marry there and it is super cute.
    http://www.chapelatthefarm.com/

Good luck!
  • Options
    Dobson's Restaurant at Dobson Ranch (Mesa) gave me a quote of $750 which includes set up break down, chairs, linens, table, skirting, bartender, cake cutting, china. They said the reception would be outdoors unless I wanted dining room access. Then you would just have to pay for food and beverages. http://www.dobsonsrestaurant.net/weddings.html

Also check out:
    http://www.hacketthouse.org/facility-rental/
    http://www.arcaz.net/amenities_main.asp

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Try Fiest Foutains in Mesa, they do the ceremony and reception there. They have packages that are about 7,000 then they rent just the hall with tables, chairs and linens they quoted me 1,500. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    llutmanllutman member
    First Comment
    How about Aldea? You can bring in outside catering and alcohol which really cuts the cost down.
  • Options
    We got married in March at Eagle Mountain Golf Course in Fountain Hills and paid $1,000 for the entire venue. It was a steal and the view was amazing!!! Nic Smith there will work with your food budget as well, he is amazing! Also, take a deep breath. :) I remember how painful it was looking for a venue and that is the hardest part. Remind yourself that it doesn't matter where you get married, what matters is that you are marrying your best friend. :)
  • Options
    The Landmark Restaurant in Mesa does not charge a fee for renting the facility. They have great food and you can decorate the space yourself, or use their centerpieces for free. I am DIYing the centerpieces and decor to make it personal, so the venue works perfect for us. Plus my parents had their reception there 24 years ago and it is where my fiance proposed, so it is special to us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also try golf course clubhouses... They are very reasonable! And they provide the food, linens, chairs, and u can get married on the golf course which is beautiful for pictures!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions. I spent all day monday calling everyone I could possibly find, I went on an entire two days of viewings, got enough price quotes to last a lifetime but I brought Jeremy to a second viewing of the Tempe Sheraton and he was completely sold so we booked that venue last night! And celebrated with a chinese dinner! 

Thank you everyone, it literally was the hardest part of the whole process, now I feel like everything is falling in to place. 

Also, to the people that suggested the Landmark. I am afraid I would blow out of my dress from eating too much! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Landmark! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am glad you found a venue you love. I also appreciate your love for The Landmark. It is also a good place for a rehersal dinner, if you are looking for one; the photographer my fiance and I booked for our wedding had his reharsal dinner at The Landmark.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I can ask how much was the tempe Sheraton and what did it include. Email me at haleymassaroweddingyahoo.com or on here
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Glad you found a place! Once you find the venue, everything starts to fall into place :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards