North Carolina-Outer Banks

Recommended Vendors - Just got married in Duck

My husband and I just got married last Friday in Duck and we had such wonderful vendors that I wanted to share some info for the brides to be that are planning a wedding in the OBX.

Planner - We used Nannette at the Proper Setting.  She was incredible!!  I was very hesitant to get a planner at first, but I am so glad I dediced to get one especially her.  We live in Alabama so I had to plan everything from out of town.  I have been to Duck many times, but there are little things that I would have never thought of it weren't for her.  She was truly a blessing and she was so easy to work with.

Florists - The Embellishers.  I hadn't heard much about them when I contacted them, but after talking to them I knew they were going to be perfect.  They did an amazing job!!!  The flowers turned out even better then I imagined.  I love flowers, but I am not creative at all.  I gave them my budget, some of my favorite flowers, and my some paisley paper that I used in my invitation that had our colors in it.  I couldn't belive what all they came up with just from that.  It was amazing!!  They were real easy to work with.

Photographer - AMMC.  Michael was great.  We didn't have a real big wedding, but it was about 100 people.  I was nervous when I saw that he was the only photographer, but he was everywhere.  I don't think he missed a thing.  I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I have a feeling there are going to be some good ones.  I know we definitely aren't going to have a shortage of pictures. 

Hair - Stacy Sheetz, Hair Designers.  Stacy did a wonderful job.  She came to the house and did my hair, my moms, and 5 bridesmaids.  Everyones hair look great.  She is also very calm and patient which is a real plus since she is with you when you are getting ready right before the wedding : )

Good luck with your planning!!  You have picked an amazing place to get married.  We can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Lesley Jones

Re: Recommended Vendors - Just got married in Duck

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Duck at the end of August.  What did you do for food? Do you have any pictures to share? 
  • rossarvarossarva member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Lesley, 

I am  getting married in OBX in September and also using Nannette.  You didnt by any chance have your reception and ceremony at Sunset Retreat did you?  I know she had a few weddings recently there and i thought you might have been one of them.  If so, can you share some pictures?  My email is [email protected] I am getting married there in September and would really like to get some visuals.  If not, share your pics anyway!  Its always fun to look.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards