Texas-Austin

my proposal to the austin brides...

I've been working on trying to get some catering issues ironed out and I had a crazy idea...

Renting china is REALLY expensive. 
Acrylic is less expensive but just isn't very nice. 

According to some calculations, I can buy real plates, glasses, and flatware for less than it would cost for my caterer to provide the acrylics.  Ikea has some crazy inexpensive dishes.  It's awesome.  

I could buy some nice-ish dishes for the wedding and then hopefully sell them after the wedding. 

-OR-

I could find another Austin bride who would be willing to go in on some nicer dishes and we would both have nice placesettings for the wedding, save money and potentially get some back after the re-sale.

My question to you ladies is this -- is ANYONE interested buying dishes to use at their wedding and if so, would you be interested in splitting the cost and sharing the dishes.

Let me know what you ladies think!

Re: my proposal to the austin brides...

• edited December 2011
    This is actually not a bad idea at all! Ive seen quite a few other knotties do this with things like linens and place settings. Ive been going back and fourth with my place settings so depending upon the color scheme I could potentially be interested. Email me at twoheartsbecomeone254@gmail.com or PM me here and we can discuss.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Roxie,

I think this is so smart.  We are still a little unsure of our catering situation, but I may need simple settings for 150 or so folks on November 26 (probably not glassware, though.)  If you are looking at similar numbers, please put me on your email list as well. My email is calliereine@gmail.com. Maybe we can get a number of brides involved!
  • In Response to my proposal to the austin brides...:

I would also be interested in the plate sharing , could you email me at pwz4me2000@yahoo.com so we can discuss it more in detail. My wedding is in December
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards