Texas-Austin
Options

Allan House Brides!

All Allan House Brides, I'm about to sign a contract w/ them and just curious to your experience so far. Both of the girls I've worked w/ there since I toured the grounds have quit!

We are only going to do 6 hours on Friday, is that enough? Who is responsible for setting up ceremony chairs? Switching from ceremony to reception?

Thanks!

Re: Allan House Brides!

• Options
    I'm not having my wedding there, but as a formal event planner, I've done a couple of weddings there.  Usually your caterer will be the one that switches everything around.  If I remember correctly, the Allen House staff will set out the chairs for the ceremony, as well as the tables since they provide those in the rental.  As far as time, is the 6 hours just for the event or for setup, event, and tear down?  If it's 6 hours to do all of that, then you will need more time.  Usually a wedding is between 5 to 6 hours long if you are having your ceremony in the same location.  I would suggest at least 2 hours to set up and 1 hour to tear down, more if you are doing a lot of decor.

Honestly, I think there are better choices out there other then Allen House.  This is central Texas, so it's good to have a rain plan.  Unless you are going to have a tent, they don't have a rain plan other then everyone getting squished into the tiny house.  I also feel like the venue itself is too small and has a hard/weird layout to work with.  As a vendor, it was a pain in the butt running around that place.  I couldn't imagine being in heels trying to dance on that rocky patio either.

Look into Mansion at Judges Hill.  Since you are getting married on a Friday, you'll save a good amount of money with them and if you attend a bridal extravaganza, they have up to $500 in bridal bucks that you can use towards the rental rate.

Good luck!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good info, thanks ystaalenburg!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards