August 2012 Weddings
Options

Is anyone else getting a little nervous and frantic??!!!???

Okay so we are almost exactly 6 months away!!!! OMG are weddings are so close to us!!! Yesterday I went with my friend to look at wedding dresses and watch her try them on (she is getting married August of next year) and watching her try them on made her and my other friend ask a bunch of questions about my wedding where my answer was mostly idk yet. Then when I realized what I was saying I was what I need to know this stuff. Then I started talking about the day before the wedding and telling them what was going to happen, which started to make me nervous but excited at the same time because I came to the realization that omg the wedding is right around the freaking corner and I have only finshed 2 or 3 out of like 10 DIY projects and school starts tuesday and by the time I get out of school there will only be 2 months left to get ready for the wedding ahhhh. So then I become frantic and text the FI saying we need to get the ball freaking rolling. It's so very exciting but so nerve racking at the same time!!! Is anyone else feeling this way? EEK I so excited that I wish it was here already but I am so nervous bc i dont have half the stuff i need to get done done yet...again i say EEEEKKK!!! lol
Anniversary

Re: Is anyone else getting a little nervous and frantic??!!!???

• Options
    Yup. Right there with you.

I sat down last night and listed out EVERYTHING I need to do still. It was horribly overwhelming, but it put everything into perspective.

Just take it one step at a time, and list out your "to-do's" for that week to help break it down. You will be getting things accomplished before you know it.
  • Options
    I sat down and mad a "before may" (may being when I graduate) and a "after may list" so that i will stop worrying about things that can wait til after school, and focus on things i need to get done while in school. Making a project every week. 
  • Options
    I feel like I am behind too! But I have done alot, I already have my Photographer, Dj, Videographer, Dress so I think I am ok. But it does feel real now that we are in the actual year we are getting married, it feels very real! I cant wait! Laughing
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kinda freaking out a little bit.  But we got the ceremony and reception venues, the caterer, and the hotel rooms blocked.  But now we have to figure out what we are doing for photography.  Photographers are expensive!  lol.

Driving FI a little crazy lol.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    i am THISCLOSE to pulling a jessie spano and screaming at my fiance "I NEED MORE TIME, THERE'S NO ENOUGH TIME! IM SO SCARED!"

in all honesty, im getting a little frantic.  I got an email from weddingchannel.com (no idea how they got my info but whatevs) telling me i have exactly 7 months until the big day... at which point i begain shrilly screaming at my computer. 

we have the dress, venue, photog, flowers and honeymoon down, so im not hyperventilating quite yet, but i started to make a list of what we need, and it JUST KEEPS GROWING.  eek!
  • Options
    Aww, I'd really recommend The Knot checklist.  Just do one check at a time.  I planned basically everything in a month.  You have time, but get started.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm definitely starting to freak out. I think I'm on track since I've been working on some DIYs and I only have a few more things to book but there are still lots of decisions to make. I'm glad that I got most of the big stuff out of the way early but I keep obsessing over invites, flowers, and how we are going to decorate the reception site the morning of the wedding.
  • Options
    I have all the big things done, but none of the DIY stuff.  I am not a creative kind of woman, but I will try my best as I think those little details are important to my soon to be husband.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited/nervous!  I must've told FI 10 times yesterday that it's exactly 7 months away!!  He keeps making me feel like that's far away, but he doesn't have anything to do besides rent a tux!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It feels like just yesterday (not to sound cliche) that FI popped the question. Now, six  months (AH!!!) later and I've got the dress, the venue, the cake, the music. BAAAAAH! There's so much to do, and I've done so much already. I feel almost on track, but knowing me I'll think I'm behind until I say "I do". It's so crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards